Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tyres!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 2mm left on the front tyres and 4mm on the rear. Looks like 4 new tyres soon!

However, when I checked them, thinking they may be the originals (39500 miles), i discovered the front pair are Michelin and the rear Pirelli!

To be precise: 245/45/R19 102 Extra Load Michelin Pilot Soort 3 MO on the front.

PIRELLI PZero ZR19 102Y rear.

I then tried to check them out and also discovered Michelin Primacy and Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3.

All thoughts welcome. Speed not an issue. I would prefer longer wear, all weather.

I drive S85D 2016

However, when I checked them ...

First time I changed mine there as something weird about them too, although can't remember what (and not as weird as two different brands ...)

Had my car from new so I presume the tires were OEM !!

I got about 40K miles from the first set, its the P-model and tends to hurry away from lights etc :) so I was pleasantly surprised at the mileage.

I then tried to check them out and also discovered Michelin Primacy and Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3.

Goodyear Eagle was the original tyre on 19” at Model S launch. At some point there was a switch to one of the Michelins which allegedly gave greater range.

21” were initially with Continental and then I think Michelin PS 2(?), then Continental again for the ContiSilent, but there’s been a lot of changes with the different 21” setups (staggered/non-staggered, P85+ etc).

AFAIK they haven’t used Pirelli as original fit except for the winter wheel package.

It would be good to hear from someone who’s taken delivery recently to know exactly what the current OE tyre is.