TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tyres

Discussion in 'Model S' started by steven friel, Aug 19, 2016.

1. steven friel

steven friel Member

Hi everyone.

Im impatiently waiting on the arrival of my Model S 60D and am considering purchasing a spare tyre in case of emergencies, Can anyone advise the tyre size and what make make will be on my car .
    Unsure if it makes any difference but its a UK car

2. demundus

demundus Member

If you got a D, there's no place for the spare except in the trunk. Just an FYI.

Otherwise it should be 245/45R19

3. ThatOneRoadie

ThatOneRoadie Member

There's no place to put a spare tire in the frunk at all after the refresh. Refreshed S 60's without the premium package have the same frunk cutout as the S 60D's with premium.

• Informative x 1
  4. steven friel

steven friel Member

thanks , sorry i know i couldn't carry a spare its just I want one in the garage in case i get a puncture and the local garage doesn't have one in stock

5. Don85D

Don85D Member

We have a spare rim and tire that we take on road trips when repair time may be critical. Storing it in the rear trunk upside down provides extra storage inside the rim and if trunk space is at a premium we place the spare tire behind the driver's seat.

I agree that there is no fixed place for the full sized spare but that's not a problem for us.

6. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Member

I would suggest getting a set of rims and tyres for Winter [I want winter rubber down South in the UK for un-gritted icy roads, let alone the occasional bit of snow! I would have assumed that would be the norm up in Scotland? perhaps you are on the gulf-stream West?!!] , and then one of those can be used out-of-season if you get a puncture.

We take a summer tyre [and jack] with us when we drive to skiing in France (on the assumption that getting a new tyre might take at least an overnight stop to arrange, but maybe its not actually that bad in practice)