Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tyres

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone.

Im impatiently waiting on the arrival of my Model S 60D and am considering purchasing a spare tyre in case of emergencies, Can anyone advise the tyre size and what make make will be on my car .
Unsure if it makes any difference but its a UK car

We have a spare rim and tire that we take on road trips when repair time may be critical. Storing it in the rear trunk upside down provides extra storage inside the rim and if trunk space is at a premium we place the spare tire behind the driver's seat.

I agree that there is no fixed place for the full sized spare but that's not a problem for us.

its a UK car

I would suggest getting a set of rims and tyres for Winter [I want winter rubber down South in the UK for un-gritted icy roads, let alone the occasional bit of snow! I would have assumed that would be the norm up in Scotland? perhaps you are on the gulf-stream West?!!] , and then one of those can be used out-of-season if you get a puncture.

We take a summer tyre [and jack] with us when we drive to skiing in France (on the assumption that getting a new tyre might take at least an overnight stop to arrange, but maybe its not actually that bad in practice)