TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tysons corner EVSEs offline

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by andrewket, Oct 11, 2013.

1. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

Due to construction in the parking garage, the two HPWCs and 14-50s are offline. The store estimated a few weeks before power is restored.

Just a heads up.

A

2. linkster

linkster Member

#2 linkster, Oct 11, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
    Thanks so much for the info!

3. Bifff67

Bifff67 Member

Rats. But I guess we can still sneak in and park there? Are they getting more spaces? More chargers?

4. slr_pwrd

slr_pwrd Member

As of yesterday evening, the charging parking spaces have moved to new location: immediately on right, the 1st 5 or so parking space after entrance to garage. Before it was immediate right turn after entering the garage against the wall. Now go straight (not right turn) and 1st 5 parking spaces on right. Very difficult location since it so close to 4 directional crossing junction. Also, they are not providing charging cables. Just 2 14-50 plugs for now. I did not see any construction. It seems construction is completed. I hope to get more info when I visit the store on Sunday noon.

5. fryfrye

fryfrye Member

Parked and charged for 90 minutes while having dinner Saturday night in the temporary spots -- a little harder to get into these spots (backing in), but it helps to have a chain/cone mover with you in the car. Confirmed these were temporary, but lets hope they keep the 14-50s afterwards and mark them as EV spots :)

6. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

The construction is on the top level as well as further down on the 1st. They are definitely not done.

7. slr_pwrd

slr_pwrd Member

Yeap, due to construction the new location is temporary. I hope it is for short time. Very difficult to pull in or pull out of these spots. Today, I saw a RV4 EV plugged into one of the 2 14-50.

8. jthompson

jthompson JThompson

According to Kelly Ryan (new NoVA Tesla Sales Manager), the agreement with Va DMV means that Tesla has to have a minimum of 10 parking spaces for its new dealership. She said Tyson's was balking at any more parking spots, but it sound like from this thread that Tesla may have negotiated 10 spaces in a different location in the garage? (educated guess....)