Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tyson's VA - Delivery, Model Y - got VIN, 4 day window moves out each day, 1 day at a time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TJGreen1955

Supporting Member
Apr 17, 2022
USA
Ordered a Model Y LR AWD with FSD, got a VIN and 4 day delivery window at the beginning of May. That delivery window of 4 days changes every day, pushed out by 1 day. I finally reached Tesla in Tysons and they said several customers are in the same situation due to QA and that the car is indeed at the Tysons' facility. This seems strange to me. Any comments? Thanks.

Ordered a Model Y LR AWD with FSD, got a VIN and 4 day delivery window at the beginning of May. That delivery window of 4 days changes every day, pushed out by 1 day. I finally reached Tesla in Tysons and they said several customers are in the same situation due to QA and that the car is indeed at the Tysons' facility. This seems strange to me. Any comments? Thanks.
I’m right there with ya — same timeline and same status updates. My presumption is that this is related to cars being shipped from the factory without some charging component.

Just checking, have you gotten the "Schedule your delivery" text/email yet? Just wondering because I have mine scheduled for next week and just want to set my expectations for it being pushed (Canada order for me).
No text or email yet. At the beginning of the month someone called and ask what the best days were for scheduling the delivery. So I completed everything - financing, down payment which was 50% (losing some interest income there) and paid for the insurance since I had a VIN and the delivery range was 4 days out. Since then that 4 day range slips by 1 day, each day that goes by.