Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UAS vs air demand suspension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to bump this guys. Been researching air suspension for a bit and finally gonna be pulling the trigger.

2021 MY owner here in Montebello, CA and was looking for UAS setup w/ Airlift 3H management. Contacted Universal Air in San Bernardino, CA (a little too far for my liking especially if I need repairs done). I see @Rich Meister you went with Air Demand and got your stuff installed at Parts3xpress. They happen to do UAS installs too? They are conveniently located right near me and wanted to see how your experience was with them. Any info would help.

Thanks in advance guys! I would've posted in the MY forum area but not a lot of Y's on bags. Glad to see some Socal Y owners who I can get some information from.

Sorry to bump this guys. Been researching air suspension for a bit and finally gonna be pulling the trigger.

2021 MY owner here in Montebello, CA and was looking for UAS setup w/ Airlift 3H management. Contacted Universal Air in San Bernardino, CA (a little too far for my liking especially if I need repairs done). I see @Rich Meister you went with Air Demand and got your stuff installed at Parts3xpress. They happen to do UAS installs too? They are conveniently located right near me and wanted to see how your experience was with them. Any info would help.

Thanks in advance guys! I would've posted in the MY forum area but not a lot of Y's on bags. Glad to see some Socal Y owners who I can get some information from.
I'd suggest reaching out to @Parts3xpress directly to discuss further. I know he's bagged a few Model Ys already and I think he can get some UAS parts.

I'd suggest reaching out to @Parts3xpress directly to discuss further. I know he's bagged a few Model Ys already and I think he can get some UAS parts.
Haha of course...I'll be contacting them soon. Just wanted to see customer experiences with them. I see you got your 3 bagged on Air Demand. Where did you end up going for installation? Or did you install it yourself?

Reactions: olibear
Haha of course...I'll be contacting them soon. Just wanted to see customer experiences with them. I see you got your 3 bagged on Air Demand. Where did you end up going for installation? Or did you install it yes, . If I remember correctly, @airxlow3 on IG is running UAS. He’s local to SoCal also
Haha of course...I'll be contacting them soon. Just wanted to see customer experiences with them. I see you got your 3 bagged on Air Demand. Where did you end up going for installation? Or did you install it yourself?
Yeah, I installed it myself. You can see more pics on my IG @switchedtesla. If I remember correctly, @airxlow3 on IG is running UAS and he is local to SoCal. He also self-installed and did a great job!

Reactions: JR28 and MODEL+
I just finished, well almost finished my air suspension self install! Still have to install the height sensors. I went with an Airlift 3H and Air Demand suspension on my MY. Mounted the tank above the compressors so we still have room in the frunk.
IMG_4839.jpg
IMG_4852.jpg

I just finished, well almost finished my air suspension self install! Still have to install the height sensors. I went with an Airlift 3H and Air Demand suspension on my MY. Mounted the tank above the compressors so we still have room in the frunk.
What size tank did you go with? 5 gallon? Ordering parts tonight and will end up going with Airlift 3P with dual compressors and Air Demand struts instead of UAS.

Reactions: MODEL+
4 gallon face ports. Are you ordering directly from Air Demand? I wouldn't!!
I'm looking into getting air for my model 3, air demand kit with 3p was about $200 cheaper directly from air demand verse MTM. Just curious why you're not recommending going through them?

Also, anyone know about flyyair, I see they offer bags for our cars as well. I'm trying to find the most comfortable bags, I had airtekk's in my last car and the ride was way too stiff/harsh and now my wife doesn't want to bag the M3 since she hated the way the airtekk's rode. Has anyone been able to compare ride quality between Air demand, UAS, or any of the other brands?

I'm looking into getting air for my model 3, air demand kit with 3p was about $200 cheaper directly from air demand verse MTM. Just curious why you're not recommending going through them?

Also, anyone know about flyyair, I see they offer bags for our cars as well. I'm trying to find the most comfortable bags, I had airtekk's in my last car and the ride was way too stiff/harsh and now my wife doesn't want to bag the M3 since she hated the way the airtekk's rode. Has anyone been able to compare ride quality between Air demand, UAS, or any of the other brands?
Ray from AirDemand was a good sales person but once you commit his communication went downhill! The suspension came first before the Airlift kit. The suspension came from Taiwan. I had to contact him about the Airlift kit. He then gave some BS story saying "Oh we didn't charge you tax for the Airlift kit". Did some research and he's done this to at least one other person. I also ordered face ports and I received endports. Not sure if that was 100 percent his fault. The AirDemand kit is nice though. Ready to bolt on. You don't have to take any of your oem parts off and fit it.

Reactions: ACupOfAvgJoe

Very cool, man! After seeing this I'm seriously considering doing it to my MY. Does it increase your Wh/mi much to run the compressors/ does their weight affect it much? I'm not hypermiling or anything. Just curious as to the EV-specific effects on stock performance.

Ray from AirDemand was a good sales person but once you commit his communication went downhill! The suspension came first before the Airlift kit. The suspension came from Taiwan. I had to contact him about the Airlift kit. He then gave some BS story saying "Oh we didn't charge you tax for the Airlift kit". Did some research and he's done this to at least one other person. I also ordered face ports and I received endports. Not sure if that was 100 percent his fault. The AirDemand kit is nice though. Ready to bolt on. You don't have to take any of your oem parts off and fit it.
I am currently dealing with a nightmare with AirDemand. I bought their kit for my model 3. Less than 6 months later one of my front suspensions failed and no warranty or anything. Ok, fine, they only wanted $60 for the repair kit. I paid them on 7/5 for it. They didnt ship it until 7/11, and even then they sent it surface so i wont get it until the end of the month. This was after i asked them about express shipping as I cant drive the car and its my daily driver. Also they have been nearly non-responsive after they got my money. I'd stay FAR away

I am currently dealing with a nightmare with AirDemand. I bought their kit for my model 3. Less than 6 months later one of my front suspensions failed and no warranty or anything. Ok, fine, they only wanted $60 for the repair kit. I paid them on 7/5 for it. They didnt ship it until 7/11, and even then they sent it surface so i wont get it until the end of the month. This was after i asked them about express shipping as I cant drive the car and its my daily driver. Also they have been nearly non-responsive after they got my money. I'd stay FAR away
Ah man that sucks! Sorry to hear that. What part failed? Any chance to put the stock suspension back on?

Yeah, their communication sucks!

What's going on with your front suspension? Been holding on to my Air Demand set up for my Y for a month now. Talked to Wilson over at Parts3xpress and they've been experiencing strut issues securing to the top cap nut. I'm hoping it's not just an Air Demand issue. Anyone been experiencing this? I know a couple of ya'll self-installed. I'm dying to get these installed already.

What's going on with your front suspension? Been holding on to my Air Demand set up for my Y for a month now. Talked to Wilson over at Parts3xpress and they've been experiencing strut issues securing to the top cap nut. I'm hoping it's not just an Air Demand issue. Anyone been experiencing this? I know a couple of ya'll self-installed. I'm dying to get these installed already.
I have air Demand on my 3 for almost 2 years now. Front drives side strut has failed 3 times and passengers side twice. Both leaking from the top. Mine were installed and rebuilt by a shop each time. Saving up to swap my whole system out for UAS, takes Air Demand months to ship rebuild kits each time leaving my car undrivable.