Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UAW may be part of anti-Tesla campaign claims Professor at GMU

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More than Unions do this sort of thing and too much of the "media" is all in.
Another current smear campaign I saw in the last week or so was a "budget" airline was outed for having a lot of OLD planes and many in flight problems, well today I find out said airline is about to take delivery of a new Airbus as part of a plan to be 100% Airbus by the end of this year. Makes the timing of the smear article more than suspicious, wonder what Boeing paid for it.

Back to Tesla, the company I am sure is drawing MANY MANY folks who never worked in manufacturing before and these people are often injured. Been in manufacturing for a couple decades and the only people to get hurt more than the old and complacent are the new that haven't learned to respect the machinery or are new and trying to prove how quick and valuable they are. I believe Tesla's numbers are elevated but I believe as the workforce becomes experienced that will naturally subside.

More than Unions do this sort of thing and too much of the "media" is all in.
Another current smear campaign I saw in the last week or so was a "budget" airline was outed for having a lot of OLD planes and many in flight problems, well today I find out said airline is about to take delivery of a new Airbus as part of a plan to be 100% Airbus by the end of this year. Makes the timing of the smear article more than suspicious, wonder what Boeing paid for it.

Back to Tesla, the company I am sure is drawing MANY MANY folks who never worked in manufacturing before and these people are often injured. Been in manufacturing for a couple decades and the only people to get hurt more than the old and complacent are the new that haven't learned to respect the machinery or are new and trying to prove how quick and valuable they are. I believe Tesla's numbers are elevated but I believe as the workforce becomes experienced that will naturally subside.
Part 1 - So where are the "actual numbers"?
Part 2 - (separate question if you think the numbers are correct, OK?)

Elon did claim they were better than "average".
Becoming the Safest Car Factory in the World
internet search yields articles from worst to amoung the best for Tesla. Try for your self.

Tesla often gets negative press - considering all the money Tesla spends on advertising ... oh, zero?
And being a fan boy I'm by default skeptical of negative claims and so I look/ask for proof.

Last edited:
I mentioned in another thread on workers injuries this article from Fox Business that came out on 4/10. The adjunct professor's article hits many of the same points as the Fox article: Tesla corporate campaign costs UAW hundreds of thousands

Informative article!!

This sums it up best:
“Their entire business model is still turn-of-the-last-century, Industrial Revolution, one-size-fits-all,” .... “Today’s workers aren’t responding to that, so that’s why the UAW is stuck resorting to these tactics. If they were smart, they would adapt to today’s workforce.”

UAW 2019 contract with Ford Ford | UAW
6 volumes: number of pages = 338; 500; 244; 508; 292; 236
Want to join an Auto Union? Perhaps at least a review of UAW Ford contract would be good.

PS- I also stumbled across this for UW [University of Washington]
UAW Local 4121 » Contact

Dues FAQ | UAW

speechless - where to start - corruption? or just how complex it is to "try and get decent treatment"?
Small wonder the US Empire is on a downward trend, right? [i.e. the middle class keeps shrinking]

Last edited:
Compare that agreement to the"First UAW GM Labor Agreement 1937" which covered one page.

importD30.jpg
[/QUOTE]

• Informative
Reactions: Brando