Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uberturbine Aero Covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Above is just one reseller of a MiC product sold under a dozen brand names - you can find the factory-direct parts on alibaba, aliexpress, eBay motors, sometimes Amazon, etc. Looks like many have picked it up since introduction a few months ago.

Here's a good video on these. They are pretty good. Can be gotten off of Aliexpress as was mentioned earlier. Some sellers offer free shipping, others add in shipping. But pricing regardless is around $190-200 USD or thereabouts. Not super cheap as you would expect from Aliexpress, but quality overall looks excellent.

Do you think the ones from this video are better quality than the Aliexpress ones? The website from the video are going for $340. Pretty steep especially if it’s the same quality I’d go with Aliexpress

I have found that a lot of USA sellers are just getting their inventory from the same makers all in China, and selling at a much higher price. Going to Aliexpress cuts out this much more expensive middleman. What you gain is a large price cut. The risks would be longer shipping times and harder returns.

In general, I have almost never had an issue with Aliexpress, and when I did (on small items) I got partial or full refunds.

Regarding these aeros, I'd go with Aliexpress. Look for sellers that have good reviews and the highest number of orders.

BTW, I have a set. They are high quality and look exactly like in the video.

Interesting data just posted here:

I am not affiliated with them at all. Just some interesting data posted as a comparison.

Quick efficiency test: charge to 70%, go on highway to 70MPH for 5 miles.

No hub $0.00
May need lug and cap covers, $60
Efficiency 267 Wh/mi, 65% battery left

Tesla Aero $100 USD
Sturdy ABS plastic, metal clips, easy to take on and off
Efficiency: 246 Wh/mi, 65% battery left

Uberturbine $190 USD (Aliexpress, not a US reseller!)
Sturdy ABS plastic, metal clips, easy to take on and off
Efficiency: 233 Wh/mi, 66% battery left

Rimetrix Orbital Black $269 USD + $10 foam tape
Sturdy plastic, no metal clips. Needs center cap
Efficiency: 243 Wh/mi, 66% battery left

I think the Uberturbines from Aliexpress are the best deal for the money and a good alternative to the stock Tesla Aeros. I am surprised they have better efficiency. More data has to be collected to verify this however.

In terms of aesthetics:

The Uberturbines are almost the identical look as the stock 2022 Tesla Model Y 20" Induction wheels. Number of openings in the turbines is 10, which is the same as the Model Y 20" Induction wheels. This is NOT available on Model 3 except on the 2022 Model 3 or Y Performance 20" Induction wheels, but the number of openings is 11. This is how you can tell from afar. Both the stock Model 3 and Y have a Tesla logo that is greyed out in the middle. This version can have a white Tesla logo center cap, which does provide a little contrast, though you can get it greyed out.

Also just saw Abstract Ocean will be selling these sometime next month. I think I like the uberturbines better but these look cool too. It sounds like they will be a little pricier at $250 but they do make great products and are based in the U.S. so shipping should be fast.

• Love
Reactions: Maric
thats what the matt black ones look like.
Im still waiting for a cheap china ceramic coating to arrive coat them before i put them on.

Attachments

• or.jpg
    or.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 2,985
These look pretty much the best and nice to hear they don't come with a range penalty (and maybe even a range boost).

Haven't seen examples of gun gray however, so want to see. Also may wait for an Amazon listing to pull the trigger, as even with a little extra, the easy return policy is worth it.