Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uberturbine Aero Covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just bought the 18" Aero UberTurbine Covers on Ali Express for my M3.

4pcs For Tesla Model 3 18 Inch Hub Cap Original Car Replacement Wheel Cap Automobile Hubcap Full Cover Accessories 2021 2022 - Hub Caps - AliExpress

I'm not sure if it comes with the center Tesla logo cap. Does anyone know where I can buy some. A link would be nice. TIA.
Amazon has these: 4PCS 56mm (2.2 Inches) Circular arc Form 3D Stereo Aluminum Alloy Wheel Hub Caps Centre Cover Emblem Badge Sticker fit for Tesla Roadster Model S Model X Model 3 Modification Hub Cover (Black) https://a.co/d/cK7QFl7

Yes, I found all the "protective tape" in the third box I opened (four individual boxes within one big box). The adhesive backed foam tape provided is very poor quality and maybe not suitable for this application. Was thinking about buying some 3M Paint Protective Film (PPF) and cutting it in strips, which I'd apply to the rims instead of the hubcaps.

The "Gun Ash" color paint looks metallic in bright light. Some very fine metallic sparkle.

View attachment 840233
Might you have a photo of these installed on your car? I’m on the fence about the gun grey vs matte black.

Reactions: kaimanson
Finally received my wheel covers last night. Mine actually came with the foam strips already installed on them which was nice. My Tesla “T” center piece shipped separately and two were slightly bent. Can’t really tell once installed. Overall looks very clean.
I just noticed that there's two different styles of this uberturbine aerocaps.

Attachments

• aero.jpg
    aero.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 662
Really? I recently installed the Orbitals and took a long trip and didn't notice them being noisy at all. No different than the Tesla aero wheel covers.

I always thought the orbitals were a tad more noisy than the aeros but i didnt really have proof and was too lazy to swap them back to check.
But now that I went from orbitals to ubertubine covers I have no doubt that the turbines are quieter.

Interestingly there are a few tests suggesting that the uberturbines are a fluke-design from the chinese, even beating the Aerocover efficieny. So I wonder if it is maybe that orbital and aerocover are perhaps similar but the uberturbines are just completely outstanding and even quieter than OEM..........

I always thought the orbitals were a tad more noisy than the aeros but i didnt really have proof and was too lazy to swap them back to check.
But now that I went from orbitals to ubertubine covers I have no doubt that the turbines are quieter.

Interestingly there are a few tests suggesting that the uberturbines are a fluke-design from the chinese, even beating the Aerocover efficieny. So I wonder if it is maybe that orbital and aerocover are perhaps similar but the uberturbines are just completely outstanding and even quieter than OEM..........
I presume you have the foam though on the orbitals? I remember earlier reviews before they added the foam and there were people that complained they were really loud because they were rattling against the wheel when there is some looseness in it.

Reactions: Yuri_G