Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uberturbine Aero Covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have a pic to post? I'd love to see them.
IMG_20220904_1645435.jpg

Any update on how these are holding up after driving with them for a few months? I’d like to get a set myself. Also does anyone have a pic how they look against the tire? Like how far do they stick out?
They do stick out slightly but honestly it doesn't look all that bad. Between these and the chrome delete I just did I'm so happy with how it came out

They do stick out a bit, and I've curb-rashed one after two weeks. I've been mindful of this, but the parking situation that caused this was very poorly designed.

The problem: 1) They no longer have the Tesla logo. 2) I have the design that's slightly different (the star at the center curves a bit). I've only found ONE listing which has these and requires I re-purchase the entire set at a higher cost than I originally paid, rather than just buying one as the straight-star design offers.

Attachments

• IMG_7762.jpeg
    IMG_7762.jpeg
    430.1 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_7763.jpeg
    IMG_7763.jpeg
    463.2 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_7764 2.jpg
    IMG_7764 2.jpg
    449.1 KB · Views: 413
Update on efficiency testing....

Not sure why my car was reading a higher wh/mi initially but it seems to have "stabilized". I know - makes no sense, but something weird was happening after I first put them on but it went away.

That said I did do a good round trip to from home>daycare>work>daycare>home with them on, utilizing autopilot on highways, typical traffic, minor AC use, temps in the 70's most of the day and a total of 157 miles. I ended up at 35 kWh used with 220 Wh/mi.

Using the standard Aero covers I did a similar trip (less daycare drop off and a bit hotter outside) which equated to 149 miles traveled, 32 kWh used and an average of 212 Wh/mi.

While the uber covers aren't as efficient based on that, I contribute it to that added daycare trip where there is more stop/go on the way. I intend on doing a bit more testing and seeing if anything else sticks out, but i'd say the efficiency difference is a minimal +/- if any really at all.

Just in case anyone was curious, this is how much the orbitals stick out.
IMG_20220906_2231431.jpg
About ~4mm or 1/8 of an inch. Preliminary tests show my last trip with them is 236 wh/mi on an 8 hour trip, mostly highway at 80 mph.

My lifetime is 246 wh/mi which includes winter driving and I believe chronically under-inflating my tires (40 psi vs 45 psi, thanks tesla update). I never got under 230 wh/mi before though (at times my efficiency was better than rated) so it is a very ambiguous improvement.

Reactions: Aellinsar
Todays trip has been 172 miles with a 212 wh/mi efficiency. Lot of highway autopilot and regular driving and moderate traffic. Loving the fact that there is no real hit on efficiency or range. Now if only tesla would allow us to change our wheel configuration on the screen and not adjust range etc etc

Question for all. The uberturbine aero covers from Ali express have the same pattern so doesn’t that mean that one side of the car will look backwards from the other side of the car?

Do the real uberturbine rims have a left side pattern and a right side pattern?

People won't even realize, because as soon as they see the other side they won't even remember how the other side looks like.

Reactions: cherrybomb
those that have received theirs: curious how long did your shipment take to clear customs? My order has been in "Item is awaiting customs clearance." since Aug 30 so this is the 6th business day (discounting Labor Day) for me. This is my first time in a while ordering from Aliexpress so curious if this is typical

SCR-20220908-gql.png

those that have received theirs: curious how long did your shipment take to clear customs? My order has been in "Item is awaiting customs clearance." since Aug 30 so this is the 6th business day (discounting Labor Day) for me. This is my first time in a while ordering from Aliexpress so curious if this is typical

View attachment 850386
Same here. Mine has been in customs since about the 31st.