Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uberturbine Aero Covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got mine. came with the foam strips and Tesla caps in separate mail. It looks amazing in gun gray. This is really a good improvement.

20220917155751.jpg
20220917155752.jpg
202209171557522.jpg
202209171557524.jpg

Got it from Yeslak, same from the OP. You can check it here.
I notice there is a difference, the Yeslak ones have a lip all around (there is a flat part all the way around). The Aliexpress ones (and also Hansshow on Amazon) seem to have the recessed part go all the way to the edge (more like original Uberturbine). They still look good either way, but just a difference I noticed.

FYI I strongly recommend a tire dressing for these as the covers are fairly dark. Next to a dirty tire they don’t look nearly as good.

I use CarPro PERL diluted 1:1 with distilled water (and I use a CarPro Dillute spray bottle). I use an Adam’s Hex Grip applicator to thinly apply after washed and let sit for 20min. Can do a second coat after that if desired. Makes tired BLACK.

FYI I strongly recommend a tire dressing for these as the covers are fairly dark. Next to a dirty tire they don’t look nearly as good.

I use CarPro PERL diluted 1:1 with distilled water (and I use a CarPro Dillute spray bottle). I use an Adam’s Hex Grip applicator to thinly apply after washed and let sit for 20min. Can do a second coat after that if desired. Makes tired BLACK.

less of an issue if the cover is grey. That is also the reason why the original aeros arent black imho. As with a grey tire theyd look off.

Reactions: ss71
Received my covers from "TSL Model3 Y Store" on Aliexpress (ordered 8/11, received in hand 9/14). They came with blank center cap inserts so I ordered these logo center caps from amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B5BB4ZRF . If you can find a seller that provides the actual T center caps you can save $15 from having to ordering those caps from Amazon

IMG_4561.jpeg

i also noticed that these are 1" wider than the Aero covers, explaining why these Uberturbine covers make the rims look bigger than the Aero covers

IMG_4540.jpg

IMG_4657.jpg

Received my covers from "TSL Model3 Y Store" on Aliexpress (ordered 8/11, received in hand 9/14). They came with blank center cap inserts so I ordered these logo center caps from amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B5BB4ZRF . If you can find a seller that provides the actual T center caps you can save $15 from having to ordering those caps from Amazon

View attachment 854277

i also noticed that these are 1" wider than the Aero covers, explaining why these Uberturbine covers make the rims look bigger than the Aero covers

View attachment 854285

View attachment 854286
I ordered from the same seller, usually you have to ask for the "T" logo and they will send it to you on a separate mail

• Helpful
Reactions: funkadelic

View attachment 854277

View attachment 854285

View attachment 854286
The reason they are bigger is because they cover the entirety of the factory wheel where the stock aero covers only cover up until the lip

Rimetrex states that their covers are made in the U.S. I am seeing Orbital and Laminar (for Y) look-alikes on Aliexpress. I presume those are Chinese-made knock-offs? Has anyone compared those that came from Ali and Rimetrex, is there a notable difference? Thanks.
They aren't knock-offs as far as I can tell; they are the same. Plastic is plastic.

Due to some mysterious timing I kinda wonder if the "made in the usa" thing is just them applying the sticker or foam to the rims. I'll take their word but a lot of places will just take chinese goods and make a minor "finishing" step to have it qualify as "made in the usa."

They aren't knock-offs as far as I can tell; they are the same. Plastic is plastic.
I disagree, there are lot of different plastics. See the Tesla CCS adapter. Identical looking clones from China have been made, it took a couple of months. You can also get a design patent to protect a particular design (so other companies can't make a direct copy and sell).
Due to some mysterious timing I kinda wonder if the "made in the usa" thing is just them applying the sticker or foam to the rims. I'll take their word but a lot of places will just take chinese goods and make a minor "finishing" step to have it qualify as "made in the usa."
The difference is Rimetrix made them a long while ago and knockoffs from China only came to market recently. This is different from products that were contract made in China in the first place and then the contractor sells an off-brand copy out the back door for less sometimes at the same time (which happens a lot).

The Uberturbines however are at least semi-original.

Reactions: ph0ton