Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uberturbine Touch Up Paint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the Induction wheels, not Uberturbine, but the Zink product worked very well. I ordered the kit with the sandpaper and sanding block. You could probably use your own sanding block and go get emery cloth if you wanted, but the kit is easy. There's enough sandpaper to last your lifetime. As you can see from the pictures, on close inspection in the right light you can see it's there, but from normal viewing distance, it is invisible. Note that this was one of the wheels I applied too thickly.

Also, Tony is easily reached for questions and is happy to help. Nice guy.

Here are a couple pro tips I learned from making mistakes:
  • hold a finger on the sandpaper side of the block, resting on the wheel where you are not sanding. It will guide the block and prevent you from slipping off the rim onto the flat part of the wheel.
  • apply several THIN coats instead of trying to save time and go thicker. The first thin coat will look like it's barely there, but trying to put it on thicker will not be as good of an outcome.
  • sand until the surface is smooth, but if there are deep gouges, you don't need to sand them all the way down. Sanding just smooths out the general appearance.

Attachments

• IMG_4176.png
    IMG_4176.png
    160.9 KB · Views: 924
  • IMG_4173.png
    IMG_4173.png
    159.8 KB · Views: 689
  • IMG_4166.png
    IMG_4166.png
    164.5 KB · Views: 672
  • IMG_4164.png
    IMG_4164.png
    146.9 KB · Views: 708
I purchased the Überturbine touch up paint from TSportline a few years ago. Works well. Matches well. I did not do a great job sanding down and filling back in, but the paint certainly looks alright from 10 feet away. Up close, you’ll know it’s been curbed.

Next time (and yes, there will be a next time) I’ll spend more time sanding and filling… then painting.

Reactions: boulder.dude
I have the Induction wheels, not Uberturbine, but the Zink product worked very well. I ordered the kit with the sandpaper and sanding block. You could probably use your own sanding block and go get emery cloth if you wanted, but the kit is easy. There's enough sandpaper to last your lifetime. As you can see from the pictures, on close inspection in the right light you can see it's there, but from normal viewing distance, it is invisible. Note that this was one of the wheels I applied too thickly.

Also, Tony is easily reached for questions and is happy to help. Nice guy.

Here are a couple pro tips I learned from making mistakes:
  • hold a finger on the sandpaper side of the block, resting on the wheel where you are not sanding. It will guide the block and prevent you from slipping off the rim onto the flat part of the wheel.
  • apply several THIN coats instead of trying to save time and go thicker. The first thin coat will look like it's barely there, but trying to put it on thicker will not be as good of an outcome.
  • sand until the surface is smooth, but if there are deep gouges, you don't need to sand them all the way down. Sanding just smooths out the general appearance.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Glad that it worked out for you!
:)