Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ugh - FWD is already a super common vehicle abbreviation!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If my suggestion of FW doors does not do it for you, I think Simply omitting the word Wing as in "Falcon Doors" which Elon Musk uses in his tweets is very reasonable. He never has been a big fan abbreviations.

Yes, the use of FWD irks me too. I immediately think Front Wheel Drive and it takes me a bit to reinterpret it. Wouldn't FD (Falcon-wing Doors) suffice? Or even better: just use a word rather than acronym, like "falcons" or "wings," similar to how we refer to the front trunk as "frunk". I don't see the need to use an acronym.

Ooh Ooh I know you could just use the word "doors". If you are talking about something were it will matter if the doors are front or falcon then use use "front door" or "rear door" or "side door" or "middle door" if you think someone would confuse rear door with "hatch door".

Yeah, just drop the acronyms and call them doors. And start using more words to describe why you are talking about them and stop being so lazy as to thing FWD explains the whole point (not that anyone in specific does this but I do see it a lot)

You'll see a reply that says

because FWD

which is just as useless as

because Falcon Wing Doors

how about just making the reply use words that aren't just naming a part on the car and say what you are thinking?