Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ugh, Got the no loaner available letter the day before service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Buena Park is my SC as well. I'm one out of two for loaners there. December yes (MC red P90D!), January no. In January I just had them Uber me home and back and drove my '05 Tundra. Been driving that Tundra for 10 years. I can drive it for a few more days - it has a killer aftermarket sound system that rivals my Tesla's sound system, and it has the upgrade. Both my service appointments were non-scheduled (12 v problems).

Mercedes always gave me a Mercedes loaner and BMW always gives me a BMW loaner, though not an i3.

Tesla didn't give me a letter, but when I showed up they gave me the keys to a Buick they got from Enterprise. A pretty ghastly ICE, but I do think it had less wind/road noise than my MS!

Gee, I thought I was being pretty clear, that I was not complaining. I have seen many posts about not being able to get MS loaners, and I thought I'd let people know that this happened to me, and that it was at the Buena Park service center. When I made the appointment in person, I was told that based on the schedule that it shouldn't be a problem.

Grammer cop, I'm not. The diction seemed odd to me, but maybe not to others. I often reread my own post here after the edit window has closed and wonder how I have survived as long as I have.

I don't think I need to be lied too, as much as I don't need information that makes me think they can't manage their own loaner fleet. Which is what I thought when I read "due to our loaner fleet being sold." That simply hangs out there in the breeze to wonder about.

My use of the word "Ugh" might not of set the correct tone, but it was more that I was disappointed since I was starting my day at Tesla, followed by meetings. I didn't have time to deal with a rental or an Uber, so I nicely rescheduled and had an uneventful rest of my day. Since not being nice, and raising a verbal sh$t storm on the phone with someone who just wants to make an appointment WOULD make me an entitled loser.

It's unfortunate that you took it any other way than just information. It was only meant as that.

Ignore the idiot....there are some of us who understood u perfectly and what u meant. It's not your problem they're too daft to understand, or to at least ask u for further clarifications.

Reactions: Camera-Cruiser
....there are some of us who understood u perfectly and what u meant. It's not your problem they're too daft to understand, or to at least ask u for further clarifications.
Thanks.

I do understand the sentiment though. Sometimes it feels like everyone here complains and whines. I have myself, with no regrets. For those who have been here years, and maybe have dealt with issues much longer than newbies, like myself, they come from a position of seeing and hearing it all before.

So I understand, it's all good, and thanks for the support. I'm going to need it, let me tell you about a new noise.....;)

Thanks.

...... I'm going to need it, let me tell you about a new noise.....;)

Believe u me, I've had and am continuing to have my fair share of "noises"....probably way more than most seeing as how my car is such an early build, a very very early build. Nevertheless, like u, I've learned to take the bad with the good....and boy, what a joy it is to drive and believe in the Telsa vision! Wouldn't trade it for the world! Now if I could just get my car back from being serviced....

Reactions: Camera-Cruiser
Ugh! You are complaining about... what? You can't get a Tesla loaner and have to settle for a rental car? Poor entitled boy.

First world problem :)

I'm in a loaner Dodge Durango now. For a company that prides itself on having a low greenhouse gas impact score, you can't get more self deprecating than that.

It's a good thing they're paying for the gas.

My last three trips to Tesla have all been Enterprise loaners.