Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ugh.. I just dont know now.

Which one do you recommend?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I ordered a New Inventory car, a white 2017 S75 with Enhanced Autopilot and Ultrawhite seats being the options. I plan on going with lowering springs or new suspension setup.

But Im also a performance kinda guy as well... and I know the S75 now has (atleast I would hope my unit does or I'll definately switch) a 0-60 of roughly 4.3sec with the newer units.

Now I'm coming from a Built gen 5 Camaro (my 'Sunday driver' which I'm keeping as it has sentimental value) with roughly a 3.8sec 0-60, and I'm having second thoughts about the speed of my S75...

I recently saw a P85D on the EV-CPO site, costing roughly the same as my new S75 will cost, and the P85D comes with the Air Suspension- taking care of my lowering issue. AND the 0-60 is the famous 3.2sec. Its also black (which is perfectly fine, Camaro was too), has a standard black interior, AP1, and 17k miles.

I don't know what to do...

Also range is not an issue on either as both will satisfy.

Doubtful the S75 will have the new hardware, but they should at least be able to tell you the build date.

I don't really understand lowering, but with the air suspension you have little control over the height of the suspension. Ii changes the height depending on the speed of the car. Not entirely manual control.

Doubtful the S75 will have the new hardware, but they should at least be able to tell you the build date.

I don't really understand lowering, but with the air suspension you have little control over the height of the suspension. Ii changes the height depending on the speed of the car. Not entirely manual control.
You say you're doubtful on the S75 having the new hardware... would it help that I ordered it about 3 weeks ago and it's location was the Freemont Factory?

You say you're doubtful on the S75 having the new hardware... would it help that I ordered it about 3 weeks ago and it's location was the Freemont Factory?
I really don't know. Maybe it rolled off the line 3 weeks ago, and maybe it has been sitting on a lot for a few months. Ask for a production date.
I found DU01 in my Spec Sheet URL so I believe it has the upgrade. I'll call tomorrow to figure out for sure though.

I went to Sunnyvale and looked at 2 inventory S75s. Build dates were 6/17, and 7/17. The 7/17 was probably just a few days old. Neither of them have the new hardware/motor.
I forgot to update the thread on confirming my build date was 7/21 so if everything posted here was correct, it’ll be the updated hardware. Picking it up tomorrow so we will see!

I was in the same boat as you a couple weeks ago. Scouring the CPO site for a used P85 or 90D. That is until I realized all the benefits of custom ordering my own 75D. I too am a 5th gen Camaro owner....still have it. My twin turbo 2010 puts out a respectable 800hp, and I don't plan on getting rid of it.
After test driving a 75D, I was sold. The newer production models are fast! I will be very happy sacrificing that extra 1 sec @ 0-60 for the cost savings. 75D 0-60 in 4.2 sec. That's good enough for me. It will have all the new AP hardware, Air Suspension, New Fascia....etc. Plus it's exactly how I want it. I get my delivery late Sept. It's going straight to the wheel guy, who is currently building me some custom wheels. Then to the tint shop....all before I even get home with it.

I forgot to update the thread on confirming my build date was 7/21 so if everything posted here was correct, it’ll be the updated hardware. Picking it up tomorrow so we will see!

I was in the same situation. I came from my 2015 M3. Acceleration and handling is paramount for me. The 75 was just way too floaty feeling. If they offerred a 75 with handling package, I may have gotten that.

I test drove a P85 and was immediately sold. The acceleration was incredible.

I went ahead and ordered a CPO '14 P85+ with 20K miles for $60K. I figure with the money I saved, I can get another toy.

So I ordered a New Inventory car, a white 2017 S75 with Enhanced Autopilot and Ultrawhite seats being the options. I plan on going with lowering springs or new suspension setup.

But Im also a performance kinda guy as well... and I know the S75 now has (atleast I would hope my unit does or I'll definately switch) a 0-60 of roughly 4.3sec with the newer units.

Now I'm coming from a Built gen 5 Camaro (my 'Sunday driver' which I'm keeping as it has sentimental value) with roughly a 3.8sec 0-60, and I'm having second thoughts about the speed of my S75...

I recently saw a P85D on the EV-CPO site, costing roughly the same as my new S75 will cost, and the P85D comes with the Air Suspension- taking care of my lowering issue. AND the 0-60 is the famous 3.2sec. Its also black (which is perfectly fine, Camaro was too), has a standard black interior, AP1, and 17k miles.

I don't know what to do...

Also range is not an issue on either as both will satisfy.
Sounds like performance is important to you.
In that case, I would definitely opt for the "D" model and Air since this setup gives you much better performance (acceleration, handling, braking, etc.). I wouldn't worry about the AP H/W since that will not make much difference for your "needs".

Well everyone, I took delivery of my S75 and yep, I’m beyond impressed. It’s blistering fast to be my new daily. I’m completely positive it has the updated motor. This is just fine for my daily driver, I don’t believe I’ll need any handling upgrades... at least not yet. I couldn’t be happier with this choice.

Nice work! Cool to see someone go from an old oil burning hot rod to Tesla magic.... This says it all, "...blistering fast... don't believe I'll need any handling updates.." We are so used to old production cars that needed all kinds of help to make them awesome, Tesla's just come that way naturally.

• Love
Reactions: selfbp
ICE hotrods are the Thunder, but EV's are the lighting.

The old rule of making V8's fast was figuring out how to cram more air and fuel into the combustion chambers. While these hot rods are fun and exciting, they end up being fun, but relatively useless cars, best for thundering around at full throttle or cranked into a corner, but little else. They generate tickets that make your insurance go through the roof.

EV's are the future. Fast, but well controlled performance. Efficient, smooth and relentless torque on instant demand. A totally different vehicle and not something that should be compared to a fuel burner.

• Love
ICE hotrods are the Thunder, but EV's are the lighting.

The old rule of making V8's fast was figuring out how to cram more air and fuel into the combustion chambers. While these hot rods are fun and exciting, they end up being fun, but relatively useless cars, best for thundering around at full throttle or cranked into a corner, but little else. They generate tickets that make your insurance go through the roof.

EV's are the future. Fast, but well controlled performance. Efficient, smooth and relentless torque on instant demand. A totally different vehicle and not something that should be compared to a fuel burner.

This ^