TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Ugh, Jalopnik.. I feel dirty. Tesla needs a lot of battery factories story.

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by CapitalistOppressor, Sep 4, 2013.

1. CapitalistOppressor

CapitalistOppressor Active Member

#1 CapitalistOppressor, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  2. stopcrazypp

stopcrazypp Well-Known Member

I did notice that instead of it being a positive investor story about the major impact Tesla will have on the battery industry, the commenters there have taken the article as a chance to criticize the Model S as being dirty for using so many battery cells and that the whole EV model is not sustainable because of this (the old lithium and battery shortage argument used by many).

3. jordanthompson

jordanthompson 2010 2.0 Sport, VIN 0683

Didn't they miss the point that economies of scale will drive DOWN the cost of lithium batteries?

4. marvinat0rz

marvinat0rz Member

I don't see how these stories could be construed as negative. That Panasonic's battery division has gone from a massive loss to equally massive profits, is a very, very good sign for the future of battery pack development. If you can make a lot of money on this stuff, it means that cells will become cheaper and more plentiful.

5. Soflason

Soflason Member

6. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

7. CalDreamin

CalDreamin Member