Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ugh! ... The wait is killing me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my status on my Model S has been stuck as "Your Model S has entered the production queue at our factory in Fremont, CA". Any feedback on how long this status will last and what might be next? This wait is killing me :smile:

I ordered on November 30th with a requested Late March delivery. Confirmed on 12/7. Received my VIN on January 3rd. Have been in the production Queue since then.
I would imagine Tesla would start production in late January or early February as transport to the East Coast can take a while at times.
I did get a call last week from an operations person in Tesla Motors who was pre-screening orders... He was interested in why I chose not to order 21" wheels and AutoPilot on the P90D.
I suspect that Tesla does the pre-screen a few weeks prior to getting the car into production.

I received an email when the car was assigned its VIN. Will we be getting an email when the car enters Production? Or must we watch the MyTesla dashboard?

I noticed yesterday that about 5 cars are now in the "Delivered" status on the JAN-FEB-MAR order tracking spreadsheet.
I really like the spreadsheet and the new Summary.

So my status on my Model S has been stuck as "Your Model S has entered the production queue at our factory in Fremont, CA". Any feedback on how long this status will last and what might be next? This wait is killing me :smile:

Well, it's so cold there that you should be distracted by keeping warm.
Then again. you'll find little sympathy for the wait ... many of us waited YEARS for ours. :)
4 years for me. So what's 4 months? :)
But glad you joined the club ... congrats.

Thanks for starting this thread, @Jietoh. I've also been anxiously waiting for it to move into production. I ordered on 12/31, confirmed on 1/1 and received my VIN on 1/4. I received a form-type email from my DS but wasn't sure what else happens from their side between now and delivery as far as touch points. I definitely empathize with @Zybane and hope that his/hers moves into production soon!

@Ztodd had an intersesting theory on 2016's getting pushed back? - Page 4 which, taking away some of the outlier VINs, theorizes that mine may move into production in the next week or two based on my VIN.

I did have a few questions for those who have gone through this process:

• How frequently did your DS reach out to you during the process? At which points did they reach out?
  • Did you initiate anything with your DS? What types of topics did you go over with them?
  • I feel like the DS get hit up a lot by people asking questions about their orders so should I feel guilty asking for more information than what's in the My Tesla status?
  • When in the process are they able to close in the date?
  • How accurate are they with dates?

If it is not yet in true production, they can charge you $500 for a modification to the order and make it a 70D. If you want a D, go for it. Tell them you will pay the order change fee and the D is $4000 more.

I ordered on 12-8 and have a Jan 22-Feb 5th estimated delivery date but my DS says by Mid February. So where is the information of order dated versus actual delivery date for all of us waiting for delivery, sure would be nice to have a better idea of the cars being delivered now and when they were ordered.