Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ugly Wood Trim Strip

Do you like the light colored wood strip trim?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has often changed out their wood trim options, and I would imagine they will do the same with the 3.

Not sure anyone has seen a production model 3 dash yet, so this concern may be premature.

No matter what trim they use, some will love it and others wish for something else.

Interesting how many incendental items trigger such extreme emotions when it comes to someone's personal car.

No matter...looks like an easy fix.

Reactions: Aieukl378
To me, the wood on the dash is taking a play out the BMW i3's playbook.
dash.jpg
Now that is ugly!

It's interesting how the old school icons of luxury materials, (e.g. Leather, stitching, wood dash, chrome), have been retained by Tesla. With a new revolutionary vehicle, I'd think they'd abandon these "old school luxury icons" and go with more functional and distinctive materials, while maintaining quality materials.

If the poll question is "Do you like the light colored wood strip trim?" then the thread title sure made that a leading question :) !

But I agree with OP. There was such a beautiful all-white interior on the Alpha's. I hope this black interior / wood strip / cream headliner combination is not the only one available initially.

It's interesting how the old school icons of luxury materials, (e.g. Leather, stitching, wood dash, chrome), have been retained by Tesla. With a new revolutionary vehicle, I'd think they'd abandon these "old school luxury icons" and go with more functional and distinctive materials, while maintaining quality materials.

I agree(I like a clean, uncluttered look...like my S) but it's such a tough call as(according to this message board) so many folks like the old school wood, stitches and cushy stuff.

Last edited:
God I'd take that interior over the TM3 any day. Just look at those lovely knobs and buttons you can use without taking your eyes off the road!

TM3 exterior/battery with i3 interior would be perfect.

I didn't know that was the I3...wow, is that wood colored contact paper? Pretty sure we had that in our kitchen cabinets in the early 70s.

Definitely, between the soldering iron and the woodburning tool, parents were wise to keep supply of salve and band-aids handy :D

...and what about those amazing chemistry sets we played with in the 50s and 60s with way too much toxic and hazardous stuff for inquiring minds to mess with. I for sure went 'off label/off manual' with mine. Did not blow myself up or ingest anything, however.

Just look at those lovely knobs and buttons you can use without taking your eyes off the road!
You mean instead of reading something on the screen and touching your choice you have to keep your eyes on the road, twiddle the knob with your hand , while also reading the screen? I think your eyes might be off the road longer than simply touching your choice on the screen.