Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uh oh... v10 and Tesla Waze might be tough

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone figured out how to get the Nav on top with browser on the bottom like it was before v10? The new v10 behavior appears to only let you run the browser in near full screen, which blocks the built in nav. Attempting to resize/drag the browser to only take up the lower half of the screen causes it to minimize completely and the music app to pop up where the browser was...

This means we won't be able to keep the browser up (on Tesla Waze) while driving like before :(:(:(

Has anyone figured out how to get the Nav on top with browser on the bottom like it was before v10? The new v10 behavior appears to only let you run the browser in near full screen, which blocks the built in nav. Attempting to resize/drag the browser to only take up the lower half of the screen causes it to minimize completely and the music app to pop up where the browser was...

This means we won't be able to keep the browser up (on Tesla Waze) while driving like before :(:(:(

They probably only tested it with the Model 3 on which (almost) full-height screen browsing makes sense. Just complain on Twitter, at [email protected], and your SeC. Hopefully they will listen.

• Helpful
Reactions: SeminoleFSU
They probably only tested it with the Model 3 on which (almost) full-height screen browsing makes sense. Just complain on Twitter, at [email protected], and your SeC. Hopefully they will listen.
Thanks for the thoughtful response. Yes it hit me on the way into work this AM the new behavior of the browser is how the Model 3 works. I remember telling my coworkers (2 of which were referrals of mine that Tesla never honored) with model 3s about Tesla Waze and they said it wasn't usable for them. Long story short, my guess is Tesla is trying to unify the code base and the half screen with the browser is gone for good. Oh well, it was great while it lasted!

Otherwise I have to say v10 has got to be the most exciting and one of the best releases I've seen since my Tesla journey started in 2013

Please elaborate why you think v10 is "one of the best releases I've seen since my Tesla journey started in 2013".

I have a 2015 P85D and am reluctant to update to v10 and lose Tesla Waze... and suffer v10 "teething" bugs

Reactions: gnxs and X Fan
It will look like this

Attachments

• IMG_20191001_122224.jpg
    IMG_20191001_122224.jpg
    528.7 KB · Views: 133

Thanks for the update on behavior with V10 for the browser, looks like I will be staying on v8 final release a while longer. Still unwilling to give up my rear cam and browser split screen and ability to put what I want where I want.

Yep, I know. Want ability to use half screen browser back. I wonder why the rational for such a change.
View attachment 461634
My guess is this came from their attempt in v10 to unify the S/X code base with the 3/Y more. The browser height should be more like 80% on their screens or the browser would be frustratingly useless.
Hopefully it's just a height parameter settng they can tweak (if model = S or X then browser height back to 50%) or whatever it was. I'm not sure how to ask their Dev team to do this other than tweeting at Elon. I don't use Twitter though so hopefully another owner can ask him to help us out

I wish I could revert back to my last version of 9.0. The minor upgrades from I received from V10 on my older 2013 P85 don't come close to offsetting the massive step backwards that the new browser setup represents for the way I use my screen. Hopefully they can make the screen size variable or at least allow the user to pick between the old and new browser size.

I wish I could revert back to my last version of 9.0. The minor upgrades from I received from V10 on my older 2013 P85 don't come close to offsetting the massive step backwards that the new browser setup represents for the way I use my screen. Hopefully they can make the screen size variable or at least allow the user to pick between the old and new browser size.
Yea if you're a big TW user and don't have AP I could see how this would feel like a step back. I don't have Twitter but I wish someone would tweet to Elon to allow us to set the browser height to 50% like it was in v9. I'm guessing this is a fairly easy thing for them to do they just need to know it's wanted and why