TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Uhh, I don't think this Referral link was there before?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by ℬête Noire, Aug 9, 2018.

1. ℬête Noire

ℬête Noire Active Member

On my main account page, not in the page for my Model 3. Does anyone, that's not heard from Tesla about their order (so no VIN, delivery date, etc), have this?

Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 9.37.09 PM.png

• Funny x 3
    • Informative x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  2. RFernatt

RFernatt Sun powered!

Yeah, just noticed it on my page this evening after the 783rd refresh of the day. :)

• Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  3. pkodali

pkodali Member

Lol that referral code though

• Funny x 1
  4. ℬête Noire

ℬête Noire Active Member

Somewhere in the back of my mind I was pretty sure that posting your referral code here was verboten. I was shooopin' my account name anyway, so did that as well. ;)

P.S. Hmmm, looks like I didn't go enough pages back looking for this. This sub-forum moves faster than I thought, or I've been away longer than I thought.

5. jdmasters

jdmasters Member

It's on mine and I'm in no VIN land

• Informative x 1
  6. pkodali

pkodali Member

I'm sure you could've gotten away with that, but I admire the dedication!

7. ℬête Noire

ℬête Noire Active Member

Hmm, on a hunch I then opened the Tesla app on my iPhone and logged in. I tried this before, after others said they could log in. It had never worked for me before, had always immediately given an error message and forced a logoff.

Now it does allow me in. The half dozen or so How To On Your Model 3 video clips and the "loot box" were accessible.

8. Razorback787

Razorback787 Member

The app has worked for a couple days now, but the web page thing is new.

• Informative x 1
  9. ℬête Noire

ℬête Noire Active Member

It hadn't worked for me. Some reported it worked, then stopped working. Those have found it started working for them, again?

10. Trail Runner

Trail Runner Member

My referall code is myfirstname85xxx. Does anyone think that the last five #s might also be my Vin#?

11. rdlink

rdlink Member

Interesting. I've been able to log into my phone app for a couple of days. I think someone said Tesla pushed out an app update on the phones through the App and Google Play Stores. And I saw the referral code link at the top of my web page account last night. But I don't see it this morning.

12. rdlink

rdlink Member

I don't think/hope so. Because I have an AWD order, and my referral code starts with 37. I hope that's not the serial number, because it points to a possible reject car. I don't think it's the serial number, because I am pretty sure there are no AWDs with serial numbers that low.

13. ℬête Noire

ℬête Noire Active Member

Are they to 137,xxx yet? ;)

Yeah, it wouldn't make a lot of sense having it VIN based but only 5-digits long. They'll be reserving VINs into 6-digits before the end of the year.

• Like x 1
  14. SD_Engnr

SD_Engnr Member

My referral code does not match my VIN, so I don't think so.

• Informative x 1
  15. rdlink

rdlink Member

Yeah, and I just checked the tracking spreadsheet. All of the AWD/Performance models with serial numbers start in the 50's

16. Snow Drift

Snow Drift Slip Start: [Activated]

I got the same link on the website.

However, my App is weird. The buttons rarely work and it won't let me share the link.