TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Uhhh i just picked up an inventory white a stealth p with 19 inch wheels for 51,990.

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by skinsfan, Feb 14, 2020.

1. skinsfan

skinsfan Member

tin foil hat much

2. jjrandorin

jjrandorin Another BMW convert

No, I have been here a year and see both how tesla operates AND how people whine here when they feel they have been wronged. My so far, both of my prediction posts seem to be right on the money... and if some get some version of "this deal" and others dont, you think there WONT be mass outrage here?

Thats not being paranoid, its understanding how humans work.

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  3. IceIceBaby

IceIceBaby Banned

who cares about mass outrage. i'd rather have the datapoint....

and to your point, if you "understand how humans work", they'll post on here bragging whether you want them to or not.

4. OCR1

OCR1 Active Member

I received a special discount when I bought my car last year that others were not getting. I kept very quiet about it until months after the transaction was completed. It was nice of them to make the offer to me and I did not want to create a lot of ill will to other buyers while it was happening.

• Like x 3
    • Funny x 1
  5. jjrandorin

For what, exactly? And yes they most likely will, but if they are smart they will at least wait until AFTER they pick up their car, and get billed for it, since there is absolutely zero benefit for them to talk about it before hand.

6. IceIceBaby

IceIceBaby Banned

more data points is ALWAYS better, no matter what. Even the data points that might piss you off. Mommy must have sugar coated everything for you. It’s just life. Deal with it. Not everyone would get mad like you would.

• Funny x 1
  7. IceIceBaby

IceIceBaby Banned

Oops, you might have just pisssd off JJ

• Funny x 1
  8. skinsfan

skinsfan Member

another datapoint:

just talked to my sales advisor today and he told me what others have been told in this thread. "was a mistake on their end and that specific car that i ordered will not be going into production. talking to manager to get my 100 dollars back"

oh well!

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 1
  9. IceIceBaby

IceIceBaby Banned

o_O

10. vickh

vickh Active Member

curious how much was it and why? .

11. jjp48

jjp48 New Member

My advisor texted me a little bit ago saying Tesla will be honoring the original online price of 50,490.

Tesla Model 3 Performance + 18 Inch Rims
    White paint. Black interior.

And no, this is not a brag. Ive actually had 2nd thoughts about the car and will probably end up opting for the SR+. I am going to sleep on the decision.

• Informative x 1
  12. skinsfan

skinsfan Member

others in the thread have been told the same things by their advisor only to have them retract their statement later. not sure i’d be fully confident in what they say. have the adjusted the price in your account under payment method?

13. IceIceBaby

IceIceBaby Banned

Let us know if it actually goes through. Genuinely curious....

14. notap3d

notap3d New Member

Also had this situation happen in San Diego with an "inventory" stealth performance, White Exterior/Black interior. Ive been told 3 different things from 3 different people at Tesla. I am now speaking with a second advisor after my first one went on "PTO" with no notice. Second guy let me know to wait till Tuesday (today) and he would give me a call with a final answer.

15. mreynolds767

mreynolds767 Member

This whole situation is very indicative to how Telsa communicates (or fails to communicate) to their sales staff.

The website pricing for these 2020 stealth performance changes overnight, sales staff are told to go by the website, then cars priced by corporate at the old rate appear in inventory and no one knows what to do with these things.

If you have not realized it already most everyone working at Telsa find out about changes the same day we consumers do and struggle to get a clear answer the same way we do.

• Like x 1
  16. mitsits

mitsits Member

This one is such a bummer for me, especially being in NJ where I thought I was getting the P3D- with the 19" wheels. I just don't understand how they dump a 100 or so performance 3s at 4am just to sell them all but retract all these 'mistake' ones. But this is my first experience with Tesla so I'm starting to see it's not the first time the messed up like this. I tried escalating the issue with my local SA but seem to be getting nowhere. Like someone else said on this thread they were offered 'special pricing' so I was hopeful I could potentially get that. Given that the true performance is $1,990 higher than my rebate threshold I'm still holding out hope that I can make enough of a stink to get them to agree to some sort of offer - maybe order the LRAWD and get the stealth? idk, but gonna keep working away at them.

At the end of the day, for NJ residents getting a performance 3, stealth or true, for under 55k makes the purchase far better than anything on the used market at the moment.

17. mreynolds767

mreynolds767 Member

The 2019 pricing for the Stealths made it an incredible value and yes especially with the new NJ rebate.
    If I were you I and had purchased one of those that appeared ; I would wait it out a week and see what happens.

Getting angry at the sales staff won't get you anywhere. They have little to no power/authority to get you a special deal so pissing one off does you no favors. They are as confused as you are about this most likely but cannot really admit that.
    This is a corporate issue out of their control and I am not convinced it is settled yet one way or the other.

• Like x 1
  18. jjrandorin

If I were in your shoes, I would keep (politely) asking. As I said a few times up thread, its my belief that "some lucky few" will likely end up getting "something", with no rhyme or reason as to why they get it while most are told "no, sorry". Maybe you can be one of those lucky ones. Given that NJ rebate which is "significant", If I lived there, I would also be trying to stay below the threshhold, and would order a car without FSD to get as much car as I could for the price... especially since you can tack that stuff on later.

19. JLee50

JLee50 Member

I'm waiting for contract generation. We shall see.

20. JD383

JD383 Member

I got my message today from my SA. Basically saying the same thing everyone else got. Guess i'm not one of the lucky ones. Oh well..at least my AWD is coming in by the end of the month, according to my SA...we'll see.