Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uhhh i just picked up an inventory white a stealth p with 19 inch wheels for 51,990.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still haven't gotten my refund after my service advisor said it'd refund. Only so much time im willing to invest dicking around with them before I just dispute the charge.
Same here - 3 days ago I got this from my SA

The return has been initiated and will take time to process. The $100 is a non refundable fee but we waived that for your situation. This means it will take time for the entire refund to process.

Same here - 3 days ago I got this from my SA

The return has been initiated and will take time to process. The $100 is a non refundable fee but we waived that for your situation. This means it will take time for the entire refund to process.

Just another example of a Tesla rep with no experience or training in customer service. They refused to honor a price they posted on their web site for a car you ordered, and then they make it sound like they are doing you a favor by making an exception and giving you the $100 back. They really need to stop embarrassing themselves.

Just another example of a Tesla rep with no experience or training in customer service. They refused to honor a price they posted on their web site for a car you ordered, and then they make it sound like they are doing you a favor by making an exception and giving you the $100 back. They really need to stop embarrassing themselves.

lol, yeah my rep said something similar -- "We can't change your order to a LR because it was an inventory order, so we'll have to make a new order. Unfortunately the $100 order fee is non-refundable."

I told them that they can either change my order, refund the fee, or sell me the car that I have a purchase agreement for and that I am not going to pay $100 for their mistake.

Magically, my existing order was changed to a LR just like I asked.

Reactions: Msjulie and bhzmark

+1000
Customer service 101

So I also ordered one of these on the 14th (I'm in Portland).
I'm slightly optimistic but also not sure due to the wording they used.
I asked the SA I've been dealing with a few times about the price of 50,490 and he tells me "Correct. It will be the same price as if you configured the vehicle online."
I also called and talked with someone at Tesla and they also said it was correct.

Does anyone know why these cars showed up as inventory at certain locations if they aren't actually in stock or even have a VIN associated?

I asked the SA I've been dealing with a few times about the price of 50,490 and he tells me "Correct. It will be the same price as if you configured the vehicle online."
I also called and talked with someone at Tesla and they also said it was correct.

Does anyone know why these cars showed up as inventory at certain locations if they aren't actually in stock or even have a VIN associated?

Yeah...you got yourself a clueless sales advisor. Unfortunately most of them are like that. You may get lucky and the order may slip through the cracks though so I would just be silent about it and see what happens. But it’s also possible that the car is not really scheduled to be built. Time will tell.

Reactions: jjrandorin

It sounds like your SA isn't listening to your price number and just telling you the price is gonna be what it is when you configure it online, which is the 56K number.

It sounds like your SA isn't listening to your price number and just telling you the price is gonna be what it is when you configure it online, which is the 56K number.

It's all been communicated over text, so I don't know if he is that oblivious but the way he words it definitely makes it seem like it isn't as straight forward as I would like it to be.

I already had a LR AWD on order so I won't be too upset if this performance one doesn't pan out.

question for you guys. So tesla is still giving me the run around on refunding my 100 dollar fee. Has anyone here considered doing a credit card dispute to get your money back? Seems like an easy refund. We ordered a car and placed a 100 dollar order fee, we were then told that the car would not be made and that the price on the order agreement would not be honored.

Yea shame on them to not give you the money back right away during a time of reduced staffing at the end of the quarter. You really need that $100 back because an order for $50000 car didn't go the way you like

Not exactly didn't go the way the buyer liked.
The car advertised did not exist. The refund should have been automatic and done well before any shutdowns or reduced staffing started.

The fact it has extended into this period is all on Telsa.