Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UI bug while charging (Prev: Finally, pictures of P110 range !)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK so either you are running a modified pack (which would be ultra cool), or a glitch took place (or you managed to charge without resetting the trip meter). Regen COULD be at play here, since I don't think using 1kwh and regaining it somehow before reusing it changes the display saying you used 2kwh total.

Assuming this only could be from an internal tesla test vehicle, I would bet dollars to donuts that nobody at Tesla Motors listens to Toto.

Therefore, 100% faked,

Ohhhhh, so you think they are all that young ? I will write to ownership and ask :) Will you send me the donuts or a gift card ?

- - - Updated - - -

Battery was (re)charged while not in the car.

Do you stay overnight in your car when charging ?

- - - Updated - - -

OK so either you are running a modified pack (which would be ultra cool), or a glitch took place (or you managed to charge without resetting the trip meter). Regen COULD be at play here, since I don't think using 1kwh and regaining it somehow before reusing it changes the display saying you used 2kwh total.

No fishing and or or or. Make a claim on what and how exactly happened.

My guess is the battery pack was removed and replaced with a different one.

Ends up looking like 96 kWh used from one pack with some remaining, but it's really just drawn from two packs.

My guess is the battery pack was removed and replaced with a different one.

Ends up looking like 96 kWh used from one pack with some remaining, but it's really just drawn from two packs.

Well, the OP did have this happen a couple of weeks ago:

I have my car back with a replaced battery. Like with the others, it was the blown fuse. The Regional Service Manager contacted me to discuss my frequent and serious problems. Tampa service was excellent as usual and things are moving.

Drive was interspersed with a long stretch of down hill driving with regen active most of the way.

I reviewed my pictures from last years Mt Evans climb.

At the top of the mountain my numbers were Distance 82 and total energy 40.9 with 100 miles of rated range left. At the bottom of the mountain after regening all the way down my numbers were Distance 106.9 and total energy 35.4 with 118 miles of rated range left.

Never mind. This would only account for additional miles not additional kwhs.

Last edited:
Man you are a hard crowd to fool ! Yes and no. Here is the deal, I pay the first person who makes a correct post on what is going on a beer (or wine) at TMC :) As you might know my "P110" will be there as we drive from Florida to Monterey.
There is a bug that I've personally seen occur twice where the "since last charge" data doesn't get reset while charging. When that bug wakes up after a 200+ mi trip and you happen to notice it, you can show a ~150 kWh "since last charge" if you try.

Here's a similar bug:
oddity beginning charge

There is a bug that I've personally seen occur twice where the "since last charge" data doesn't get reset while charging. When that bug wakes up after a 200+ mi trip and you happen to notice it, you can show a ~150 kWh "since last charge" if you try.

Here's a similar bug:
oddity beginning charge
I've never seen that, but it looks like easiest explanation to me.