Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UI change after a manual reboot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just rebooted my car and noticed my UI changed. I also lost some features (see what's greyed out). I thought maybe it was due to my VIN being added to EAP (wishful thinking maybe). It also reset all my settings in the car.

I had an error related to the navigation, so I rebooted again resetting everything UI related back to normal (without all my saved items, that I had to read manually).

Any thoughts on why the UI looked the way it did?
IMG_20210403_153947.jpg

Interesting. Was your GPS location correct?
The map was showing as the correct location although I was getting an error saying the navigation needed Wi-Fi to update.

A reboot solved both of those problems, but also changed the UI back to looking normal.

The only thing I can think of is the last update Hung somewhere but didn't affect anything. When I manually did the first restart today, maybe forced a factory reset (even my cat name was reset) but also didn't fully finish. The second reboot today then allowed the car to compete whatever was stuck and resolved the issues but didn't restore all my settings.

Really not sure.