Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ui screen bug

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had this problem on my 19 for a long time. Basically anytime I want to go into setting, I am greeted with a grey screen. I have to hit the car to switch the setting page off and on again before the setting menu pop up. I can’t imagine I am the only one having this issue for this long? Anyone know if it is a setting I can change?

I have had this problem on my 19 for a long time. Basically anytime I want to go into setting, I am greeted with a grey screen. I have to hit the car to switch the setting page off and on again before the setting menu pop up. I can’t imagine I am the only one having this issue for this long? Anyone know if it is a setting I can change?
I have this on my 21 Y. Not always, but very often if I hit the car icon for settings, it shows up blank. Happens more if I had any other screen open already (music, energy, etc.).

Once I toggle it one time, then it works again for a while.

You should have created a poll :)
Not everything I don't think but fairly regularly in my X 2017 (MCU2 upgraded).

I have had this daily on my ‘21 for a few months, never before that. I left it at Bellevue SC from a Thursday to Monday and they claim they were unable to duplicate the problem. I duplicate it every time I get in the car.

I’m telling myself it started after an OTA and maybe some day it will end after an OTA.

I can’t believe it hasnt been fixed after 3 years
My 2017 didn't do this until v11, which was less than 3 years ago. Prior to that, it did something similar when hitting the lightning button for the charging screen. Not sure if it's a coincidence that the bug followed the charging settings. Is your 2019 a Raven? Did they possibly come with the v11 UI before it was wide-released?

Happens to me everyday. Also the charging (lightning bolt) icon has the same behavior.
Yes, but the same screen comes up using the lightning bolt or the controls button now. Pre v11, they were different screens. I was saying that, in my experience, while this bug has existed for a long time (it wasn't in v8 when I got my X, don't remember when it started, but probably v9), it has only affected one screen at a time, but that one screen wasn't the controls screen in 2019.