Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UI screen yellow and blurry on edges dealer has tried 3 times to fix

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2018 model S, after trading in our 2016. Nothing but issues on this one. Screen started yellowing 2 years ago and Tesla has tried to bleach fix it 3 times with their tool and no success. We started noticing 6 months ago at the bottom side edges the screen about 1/4 inch in on both sides is blurry. We took it back to the dealer and told them to not give us the car back until it is fixed. They replaced the screen after offering us the upgrade for both screens for 2k (which we declined). New screen in and yellowing is gone for now but the blurry at the bottom is still their.

Service advisor told us this is normal and came after a recent update to the UI screen. Can anyone confirm this? I can't understand why you would have a blurry border around the screen.

I have a 2018 model S, after trading in our 2016. Nothing but issues on this one. Screen started yellowing 2 years ago and Tesla has tried to bleach fix it 3 times with their tool and no success. We started noticing 6 months ago at the bottom side edges the screen about 1/4 inch in on both sides is blurry. We took it back to the dealer and told them to not give us the car back until it is fixed. They replaced the screen after offering us the upgrade for both screens for 2k (which we declined). New screen in and yellowing is gone for now but the blurry at the bottom is still their.

Service advisor told us this is normal and came after a recent update to the UI screen. Can anyone confirm this? I can't understand why you would have a blurry border around the screen.
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I have a 2018 Model S and I have only had a driver side door handle failure. Screen has never been a problem. Guess I am one of the lucky ones... On Version 2021.4.15.

pics attached to show blurry on the edges

Attachments

• IMG_3956.jpg
    IMG_3956.jpg
    482.2 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_3957.jpg
    IMG_3957.jpg
    548.4 KB · Views: 106
What do you mean they offered you the upgrade for 2 screens? Mine is yellowing, they fixed it once, which didn't last very long. Now they are telling me they will fix it once more, but the last time. What is the upgrade? I think they need to fix it, no matter what they have to do. I don't want to agree to the "one more time" option.

Reactions: SeminoleFSU
My yellowing seems like it's getting worse with time. By worse I mean expanding from the edges towards the center of the screen. In the beginning it was about 1/4 of thickness pretty evenly on the outside of the screen. Now it's a half inch or more in some places on the bottom corners of the screen. I haven't asked Tesla to do the UV treatment yet because booking service is a bit of a hassle now that they don't consistently have loaners. I keep putting it off. I have about 37k miles on the car and I'll definitely be asking them to fix a lot of stuff before I hit 50k. I'm not looking forward to it because it seems like Tesla's app isn't very conducive to reporting multiple issues for booking service. It was built (at least the last time I used it) to really report one issue at a time.

I wish Tesla would do the right thing and replace our screens. The way they try and pass stuff off on owners that's clearly not acceptable really makes me think twice about buying any more vehicles from them. Perhaps Rivian will take better care of their customers? That SUV looks sweet