Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UI upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure which article you are referring to, but you can't get FSD w/o spending $10K. Now or later. The updated interface will be coming to those with the latest FSD computer, but you still won't have FSD unless you pay for it. One way or the other you still have to pay $10K for FSD.

I guess I need to do a little more research to really figure out what upgrade 10K buys. It does not sound worth it right now. AND....What is the subscription model? I am new to the Tesla Market so just trying to figure it out. Thanks in advance for the help.

I would rate FSD as being close to snake oil from the 19th century, maybe a step up. If the had EAP (enhanced auto pilot) for a lot less, I might buy that. For now the AP (autopilot) gives you about 80% of what you'd get in FSD aka Fool Self Driving.

AP still has issues but it isn't bad. It did try and ram me into a guardrail for no apparent reason yesterday but it had been at least 200 miles since the previous time it tried to kill me. I was feeling more comfortable with it recently but I was showing my son how it wasn't too bad. It then decides to veer hard left at about 70 mph. Thank God my hands were on the wheel.

When I first joined the forum, I thought people were full of BS about how AP tried to kill them. I am now a believer. I have no idea how that guy who keeps getting arrested in California for riding in the back seat of his Tesla isn't dead. Love my car a lot, but very leary of AP. It feels more like beta software.

Hmmmm.... So I just ordered a Y with FSD. Does this article mean I could upgrade to FSD with UI later and save the 10 grand now? I think I read ALL 3 and Y models can upgrade to FSD if they have the new computer...??
I think I know which article you are referring to.

I believe Musk's tweet refers to FSD UI that is available with refreshed X/S will be tricked down to 3/Y in the near future. That does not mean you will get FSD without paying for 10K.

I am not going to involve myself if FSD is worth 10K since I don't have one for my 3 and Y. However, I would indulge myself in EAP if it gets released in the future 😉

Reactions: Schulz1983