Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2020.28.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noticed an API version change between 2020.24.6.9 and 2020.28.5 from v8 to v9.

Anyone know what changes are in v9? Nothing noted in the usual place Introduction

upload_2020-8-16_14-28-26.png

Last edited:
Reactions: CMc1
After I updated to 2020.28.6 I noticed a slightly different behaviour with the charge limit.

Whereas with previous versions if I set the charge limit to 80% it would always stop at 80%, after the update I had varying end points with my 80% scheduled charges. Sometimes it would stop at 78%, sometimes 80%, and the highest I got was 83%.

I’ve not charged since updating to 2020.32 so I don’t know if this is still the case.

Has anyone else noticed this?

After I updated to 2020.28.6 I noticed a slightly different behaviour with the charge limit.

Whereas with previous versions if I set the charge limit to 80% it would always stop at 80%, after the update I had varying end points with my 80% scheduled charges. Sometimes it would stop at 78%, sometimes 80%, and the highest I got was 83%.

I’ve not charged since updating to 2020.32 so I don’t know if this is still the case.

I've noticed this variation too. Yesterday the car was set to charge up to 76% (I think) and the app notification reported completion at 77% however later when checking the app the car was at 79%! I got updated to 32.3 this morning so we'll see if this changes in due course...

Reactions: Roy W.

I've noticed this variation too. Yesterday the car was set to charge up to 76% (I think) and the app notification reported completion at 77% however later when checking the app the car was at 79%! I got updated to 32.3 this morning so we'll see if this changes in due course...
This is the correct behaviour AFAIK. Car coverts input % to a kWh capacity and charges to that. As the car charges, balancing etc occurs which can alter the kWh.
Not sure why it never occurred earlier. Always happened for me and there’s often same questions on here by others... (like this one back in May)
Scheduled charging overrun

Reactions: Roy W.
This is the correct behaviour AFAIK. Car coverts input % to a kWh capacity and charges to that. As the car charges, balancing etc occurs which can alter the kWh.
Not sure why it never occurred earlier. Always happened for me and there’s often same questions on here by others... (like this one back in May)

Yes, I had presumed it was doing some rebalancing ... when the numbers go up I feel like the car has grown some extra battery capacity! (For all I know it could be quite the opposite ... if the same kWhs now represents a higher percentage of the total capacity it could mean the total capacity is actually less.)

Thanks for that. I had read the other thread a while ago, but I didn’t link the two :oops:

Reactions: CMc1