Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2020.28.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On a brief test drive, urban, fast A and motorway

I thought it could detect more cars, until it completely ignored a van...
A couple of cyclists on the pavement coming towards me were picked up nicely. Probably just me and fleeting glimpse, but they seemed taller as if it was a different perspective.
Which flows into traffic lights, yes, closer, but not necessarily with colour. Again, perspective seemed different.

And a number of lane change timeouts due to me not holding steering firm enough. Steering torque to avoid nags seemed to be less sensitive and requires more force/assertive shaking to cancel the nag.

On a brief test drive, urban, fast A and motorway

I thought it could detect more cars, until it completely ignored a van...
A couple of cyclists on the pavement coming towards me were picked up nicely. Probably just me and fleeting glimpse, but they seemed taller as if it was a different perspective.
Which flows into traffic lights, yes, closer, but not necessarily with colour. Again, perspective seemed different.

And a number of lane change timeouts due to me not holding steering firm enough. Steering torque to avoid nags seemed to be less sensitive and requires more force/assertive shaking to cancel the nag.

Agreed, also nag has increased to 12 seconds from 15 which is annoying

• Disagree
Reactions: m3gt2
Charging Problems Back Again?
I've 'upgraded' to 2020.28.5 today. On 2020.28.2 the car was finally charging on demand from my Zappi chargepoint at a rate that fluctuated according to the surplus energy from my solar panels - anything up to 3kW. Now it seems to be capped at 1.4kW. It will be interesting to see whether it accepts a full 7.2kW charge rate on the low Octopus Go tariff tonight on demand from the chargepoint or whether it decides to limit that to 1.4kW. Is this another case of two steps forward and one back?

• Informative
Reactions: bhav
Charging Problems Back Again?
I've 'upgraded' to 2020.28.5 today. On 2020.28.2 the car was finally charging on demand from my Zappi chargepoint at a rate that fluctuated according to the surplus energy from my solar panels - anything up to 3kW. Now it seems to be capped at 1.4kW. It will be interesting to see whether it accepts a full 7.2kW charge rate on the low Octopus Go tariff tonight on demand from the chargepoint or whether it decides to limit that to 1.4kW. Is this another case of two steps forward and one back?
I have a zappi and updated to the 2020.28.5 today. I have not noticed a limit on the charge via my solar today apart from the clouds every few minutes

I thought 2020.28.5 was bad news because the boot wouldn’t unlock with phone in my pocket, or in my hand either.
Go to driver’s door and it was asking for the key card, phone in hand before before it unlocked
Exactly the same with my wife’s phone.
Then did a re-boot and all seems to be ok now, phew!
I think regen braking might be slightly stronger, or is it my imagination?

Charging Problems back again?
As I feared The car only charged at about 6 amps (1.4kW) last night. But since this was enough to take it to the 85% limit set after 3 hours it may be a deliberate slowing down as the limit was approached - as May have been the capped solar charging yesterday. My concern would be that the location has been limited to 6a because at times the solar charge was dropping to that - or zero. More experience needed to say if there is definitely a problem by starting at a lower state of charge.

As I feared The car only charged at about 6 amps (1.4kW) last night. But since this was enough to take it to the 85% limit set after 3 hours it may be a deliberate slowing down as the limit was approached - as May have been the capped solar charging yesterday. My concern would be that the location has been limited to 6a because at times the solar charge was dropping to that - or zero. More experience needed to say if there is definitely a problem by starting at a lower state of charge.
I had the same problem as I have solar and it charges at a low rate during the day and then the car remembers the 6a location setting and only charged at 6a overnight when I set the car to charger from the mains. To get round this I set the car to charge at 32amps from the mains after the solar stopped the evening before so it remembered that setting. This did work. Will need to do some more tests to see if there are any other options. I have a zappi 2.

I think regen braking might be slightly stronger, or is it my imagination?

Interesting you say that because I was convinced that about two weeks after I took delivery in mid-May, regen became 'lighter'. I thought it was just me imagining things. When it seemed to become 'harder' again, I still thought I was crazy!
2020.8.5 is just installing now so I'll be interested to see if there is any difference.

As I feared The car only charged at about 6 amps (1.4kW) last night...May have been the capped solar charging yesterday. My concern would be that the location has been limited to 6a because at times the solar charge was dropping to that - or zero. More experience needed to say if there is definitely a problem by starting at a lower state of charge.
The Zappi needs 1.4kW min to enable Eco or Eco+ modes so if there isn't surplus beyond house usage the charger will pause.

Fast mode will draw as much as it can from solar/house batteries & the remainder from grid (in my case the inverter is rated at 3.6kW so even with full solar or batteries, the additional 3.4kW will be drawn from grid)

The Zappi needs 1.4kW min to enable Eco or Eco+ modes so if there isn't surplus beyond house usage the charger will pause.

Fast mode will draw as much as it can from solar/house batteries & the remainder from grid (in my case the inverter is rated at 3.6kW so even with full solar or batteries, the additional 3.4kW will be drawn from grid)
Eco mode won’t pause it will charge at 1.4 kw without surplus and draw from grid or solar battery. Only eco+ will pause depending upon solar level setting