Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2020.36.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mines updated, release notes say you need latest version of maps for traffic sign beta to work.

I can turn on traffic light beta and chimes in settings, however my maps have not yet updated - so don’t know whether it will work yet - can’t test it yet though as have had a beer!

Mines updated, release notes say you need latest version of maps for traffic sign beta to work.

I can turn on traffic light beta and chimes in settings, however my maps have not yet updated - so don’t know whether it will work yet - can’t test it yet though as have had a beer!
Keep it connected to Wi-fi and you may find they update overnight. ~7GB

Reactions: JupiterMan
Just went out for a spin. Stopped automatically at the red light which was awesome! Missed every single speed limit sign though. None displayed on driving visualisation and the (incorrect) speed sign shown on screen didn’t update. I’ll try again in the daylight. Tap to set speed is going to save my right scroll wheel. No more taking it down from 70 to 50/40 each time I get on the m23!

Keep it connected to Wi-fi and you may find they update overnight. ~7GB

Did we figure out what the latest update was? There was a stealth 2019.21 update that came out last week for most cars. It was noted by a few people. Mine hit on Thursday the 3rd. I can confirm red light stoping works with that version.

UPDATE: Here’s the exact maps version that came last week Nav update

Last edited:
2020.36.10 release notes for UK Model 3 with FSD

upload_2020-9-11_22-9-43.png

Notes following on from 2020.36.3.1 - speed sign functionality still showing as 'local roads'.

upload_2020-9-11_22-11-9.png

Info and disclaimers / user acceptance - these are driver profile specific so functionality must be enabled in all required profiles.

upload_2020-9-11_22-12-15.png

upload_2020-9-11_22-13-28.png

Last edited:
Did we figure out what the latest update was? There was a stealth 2019.21 update that came out last week for most cars. It was noted by a few people. Mine hit on Thursday the 3rd. I can confirm red light stoping works with that version.

UPDATE: Here’s the exact maps version that came last week Nav update

In that case my maps are up to date, I'm on EU-2019.21-12489?

Oh dear, what a disappointment.

Started off well, but soon became apparent that it needs to be right on top of the speed sign to notice it. Far too late for any smooth transition.

The good - it spotted a slightly occluded 40mph 'max speed' for bends sign, below from Google StreetView as I didn't capture it on dashcam. Bad news that part way through the corners, it spotted a 50mph repeater. So thankfully it does not respond to speed signs otherwise I would have been heading back to 50 in a complex of corners that in some weather conditions are a bit fast at 50. So that needs a bit of thought.

View attachment 586171View attachment 586172

Autopilot and NoA seemed much the same. I did have the car perform a very nice slowdown as I was on TACC and oncoming car decided to pull into my line to nip past a parked up van. These things don't occur very often, so this finesse may have been around for a while.

But the epic fail was speed limit recognition. For those that don't know the A331 Blackwater Valley Route, a year of so ago, they extended the 50mph zone to the next junction along. For locals use to the old 70mph, it still requires a bit of thought not to revert to old limits and not accelerate right up to 70mph from the Frimley entry. Likewise, coming from A31, having to slow early to 50 still feels too early.

So, here I was hoping that the now defunct 70mph, drilled into the maps would be a thing of the past. They have highly visible road signs to warn people. Well unfortunately, the new 2020.36.3 software is totally blind to these, so the car still thinks that the new 50 is the old 70.

View attachment 586168

Such as basic fail, I didn't even bother to go looking for gantry signs. It didn't even recognise, as previously mentioned, the national sign coming out of the 50 or, curiously, any of the 50mph repeaters in this area. Almost as if map speed limits were taking priority on this section.

Oh yes, and didn't slow for speed limits either, but then, I had never knowingly seen that occur before with GPS signs that could not be explained by other features such as car in front or fleet speed. So rather hard manual braking as I entered a 50 pretty much at full NSL speed.

After installing 2020.36.10, I took the similar test route. Some noteworthy differences in functionality.

• Speed signs still recognised far too late - hopefully will improve with autopilot rewrite when longer view lens will be available
  • The 40mph 'max speed' sign (for corners) (above) was not recognised.
  • It did a very good job of slowing for cyclists. Much to the dismay of the following truck who seemed to think that crossing a double white line approaching a blind hump was acceptable.
  • National limit signs were recognised - sometimes
  • Car still failed to slow of any speed limit changes except possibly one - see later
  • The 50mph signs above entering the A331 were detected. Not sure what the visual speed was indicated on the visualisation but the TACC speed went to 60mph, then 70mph. So still incorrectly treating this road as 20mph above legal speed limit. As before, it failed to detect any 50mph repeaters. Worth noting that this section is available on NoA so possibly excluded under the not 'local roads'.
  • The transition from 50mph to national (70) of above section was not detected.
  • Returning back, the new 50mph zone (signs above) was again not detected.
  • Entering the old 50mph zone on the A331, the car slowed very briskly from the manually set 50mph (overriding the incorrect 70mph) to 40mph - possibly upsetting the following van.
  • Traffic light control on roundabouts (or on any cascaded set of controlled stops in quick succession) can be a mental challenge. Never quite sure what set of controls you have agreed to pass when in quick succession. I often found myself with foot on the accelerator even though I had accepted the green with the stalk.
  • Stopping controlled junctions are not everywhere. Thankfully the screen tells you when it is stopping so its relatively easy to spot when stop control is in use. But hey, TACC/Autosteer not meant for many of these domains even though the new functionality blurs that area.
  • A previously accepted green that then goes amber/red is correctly detected causing the car to step.
  • Position of stop lines very hit and miss often causing car to stop short or overshoot.
  • Even though many junctions/roundabouts were not marked for stopping, the car did slow for many allowing some roundabouts to be traversed with care on TACC.
  • And finally, even though enabled in my profile, no evidence on Chime On Green.

Its a start but as release comments state, things should improve. But at the moment, far from being consistent. However, the boundaries between where and where TACC and/or Autosteer should be used is very much blurred now.

Last edited:
My S was upgraded from HW2.5 to HW3 on Thursday. On the drive home it informed me of an available update and that evening downloaded 32.5. The next day it downloaded the latest nav update and during last night 36.10. Hmmm... it's 30 miles to the nearest set of traffic lights unless it can pick up roadworks ones and I can find some roadworks.
The only cockup at digbeth was their trying to charge me for the HW3 (which is free with the change from EAP to FSD) but it was easy to spot the £1500 extra on the bill and was sorted while I waited. A shame they seem to have stopped valleting cars on collection - perhaps I should have dropped it off filthy instead of fairly clean....

Reactions: MrBadger
My S was upgraded from HW2.5 to HW3 on Thursday. On the drive home it informed me of an available update and that evening downloaded 32.5. The next day it downloaded the latest nav update and during last night 36.10. Hmmm... it's 30 miles to the nearest set of traffic lights unless it can pick up roadworks ones and I can find some roadworks.
The only cockup at digbeth was their trying to charge me for the HW3 (which is free with the change from EAP to FSD) but it was easy to spot the £1500 extra on the bill and was sorted while I waited. A shame they seem to have stopped valleting cars on collection - perhaps I should have dropped it off filthy instead of fairly clean....
One would hope that when strangers are clambering all over your car, the would disinfect it before after.
Perhaps a valet is something we can’t afford right now.

A shame they seem to have stopped valleting cars on collection - perhaps I should have dropped it off filthy instead of fairly clean...
I haven't had to visit a service centre yet, but if I do, I'll be displaying one of these:

SmartSelect_20200912-102137_eBay.jpg

I'm rather particular when it comes to car cleaning and wouldn't trust any brand of garage to do it with the same care.