Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2020.36.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Entering the old 50mph zone on the A331, the car slowed very briskly from the manually set 50mph (overriding the incorrect 70mph) to 40mph - possibly upsetting the following van.

Went for a bit longer drive tonight - I think there is a problem.

Had this, or similar 3 times on TACC, all in different places.

Can't remember the exact circumstances, other than TACC speed changing (the only time I have seen it change other than corners, fleet speed or following a vehicle) to 10mph below the indicated speed limit.

So will monitor.

For those who may tour in France....
It is known by the driving population that after passing an oblong sign with the name of a village on it, the speed limit is 50kph. After passing the oblong sign with the name of a village and a red diagonal stripe, the speed limit reverts to 80, or 90 kph (depending on departement) - unless it says 110kph. However, there are no other signs to show the speed limit. Apart from a few occasions, there isn't the equivalent of an NSL sign.
My experience of 36.10 is it doesn't know any of the foregoing and therefore it cannot deal with them. 36.10 does handle roundabouts by slowing but T-junctions and cross roads, which don't have stop signs, result in one hurtling towards them unless you brake. There is also the issue of priority to the right - a bizarre road rule that requires a car on a main road to stop for one pulling out of a side road on the right - sometimes. A sign which looks like a level crossing sign (X), means it does apply, a sign with a thick road in your direction of travel and thin road graphics left and right, means it doesn't.
In France, we also have eye-level traffic light indicators because the stop line is under the main signal so you can't see it. So far, the Tesla has not recognised the eye-level signs so no 'go chime'.
I look forward to testing full self driving,(according to Elon), in eight weeks...

Reactions: Roy W.
And finally, even though enabled in my profile, no evidence on Chime On Green.

I've never heard the chime on green either - I suspect it's timed to go off long after cars behind you would have started honking their horns, and I'm not willing to test that on a saturday..

Not sure when I may next have a chance to test, but sounds like chimes may be stuck in mute due to navigation directions settings. I'm not sure if below is relevant as I do have navigation directions but next time I am in car I will have a play.

Go into menu > navigation, and un-mute your navigation directions. With it un-muted, increase the volume. Then you can mute it again. Now you should hear the chimes.

Reactions: CMc1