Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2020.36.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup, it's only started happening with this version. Would you agree that it's more severe than the blip you seem to get from a bridge, or has it been different for you?

It doesn't quite slam on the brakes but tends to slow relatively quickly before I intervene to speed up. Difficult to say as not done many long trips at night lately.

36.11 downloaded this afternoon, and some odd things have happened since.

First off, the audio system seemed to have died, all the stored radio stations disappeared, and it took ten minutes of driving for the audio to start working (can't receive radio at home, but can three or four minutes drive away).

Then the auto headlights came on, and the dipped beams are now pointing way up in the air, so high that I was getting flashed by every car coming towards me and had cars in front switching their rear fogs on out of annoyance. Unfortunately our drive's on a steep slope, so any sort of DIY beam setting is probably a non-starter. I'll see if the local garage can set the lights up for me when they re-open on Monday.

The positive thing is that the speed limit sign visualisations that were supposedly added when 36.10 downloaded last week have started working, after not working at all since that last update.

The other odd thing is that the screen was blank when I got in this evening. Took maybe ten seconds or so for it to come on.

Anyone else see weirdness like this?
Every DAB radio I've had, when reset, has taken a while to scan and pick up the list of stations.
Perhaps it wiped your stored station list.

For the headlights, park somewhere flat and use the built in levelling setting?

Can anyone without FSD comment on whether they are seeing the car not just notice the speed limit signs, but take action on them with TACC?

Mine has twice slowed down on TACC from a 40mph road to a 30mph road - it updated the TACC speed as it went into the lower speed limit. Once it increased it when I went the other way from a 30mph signed road to a 40mph one.

However the vast majority of the time it doesn't. It updates the current speed limit sign but doesn't change TACC speed. I'm driving same route in the main.

I now cannot predict what's going to happen on TACC...

Can anyone without FSD comment on whether they are seeing the car not just notice the speed limit signs, but take action on them with TACC?

Mine has twice slowed down on TACC from a 40mph road to a 30mph road - it updated the TACC speed as it went into the lower speed limit. Once it increased it when I went the other way from a 30mph signed road to a 40mph one.

However the vast majority of the time it doesn't. It updates the current speed limit sign but doesn't change TACC speed. I'm driving same route in the main.

Was autosteer on? If it was, that would account for it. TACC alone won’t change speed, but autosteer generally will. That was certainly the case under 36.10

Was autosteer on? If it was, that would account for it. TACC alone won’t change speed, but autosteer generally will. That was certainly the case under 36.10

That’s been my experience too. But autosteer doesn’t anticipate before slowing down at a reduced speed limit. Not that autosteer is supposed to be used on such roads - and on those that it is supposed to be used on it doesn’t read the signs anyway.

I’ve had the same.
When it’s been on TACC with Steering then it’s generally been changing the speed according to the road signs.
When it’s been on TACC only then it changed automatically, but for me only in one location at a junction where it slowed from 50 to 35 then 25 (no signs), then back up to 50, (every time at this particular junction) otherwise not changing at all.
This must relate to the GPS map Info. Mine is at 2019.20.

Using TACC with Autosteer on its slowed down itself with a message “speed limited to XX mph” on the display - the set speed at the top remained the same and it wasn’t possible to increase the speed higher.

I can’t remember if it also did it without autosteer on.

Regarding speeding up it definitely did not increase speed on passing the sign itself (going from 50 to 60) - I had to tap the new limit. That was with autosteer on.