Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2020.40.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well latest update has broken the camera on the drivers side repeater - won't load the image when going into reverse and i'm getting an autopilot camera fault issue also. Tried a re-boot and allowing the car to sleep for several hours to no avail. Service appointment was booked for tomorrow now moved to November as waiting for a part (side repeater assembly)

To update from yesterday, car also lost all driver profiles and wi-fi and Bluetooth connections so had to reconnect my wi-fi and re-pair my phone. Finally managed to get the phone app up and running again, car location was saying it was at Tesla HQ in America. Had to go through all the option menu's to get everything back to what I had set up before. Location has now updated OK but I still cannot get rid of a warning triangle on the display which appears to be for "Navigation Unavailable - Navigation maps are not loaded". Road speed limits are not displayed correctly just random. Generally a total pain in the ass as the car had been running fine :mad:

Plus points, even though the car appeared to lose everything I could still open the car with my phone which was good as I don't carry a key card. Also it remembered all my radio favourites and spotify playlists etc, so it save me having to re-enter all of them.

Well latest update has broken the camera on the drivers side repeater - won't load the image when going into reverse and i'm getting an autopilot camera fault issue also. Tried a re-boot and allowing the car to sleep for several hours to no avail.
Exactly the same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago, expect in my case it was the passenger
side camera which died immediately after the update to 2020.40.4

At the time I presumed it was just a bizarre coincidence, but now I'm not so sure...

MARK

I’m on 20.36 and car is working just fine. I’ve never had a true phantom braking episode on AP (had some harsh braking situations but due to proximity of other vehicles rather than completely out of the blue)

hearing some of the stories on here I think I’ll hold fire on upgrading

2020.40.9 detected on DM Model 3s in Belgium and Netherlands on TeslaFi and TeslaScope respectively.

Sweden and Ireland added. Seems like Europe rollout

Yep, very limited Model 3 European rollout including a couple of UK vehicles in TeslaFi fleet.

Software version 2020.40.9 was just detected on a Tesla Model 3 Performance DM in Vlaams Brabant Belgium. The highest previous version was 2020.40.8. Follow the 2020.40.9 release at TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

Voice control for me seems to be badly impacted. Sometime it takes the voice half the time it just does nothing.
Same issue for me - half the time I activate voice commands (which I use a lot) it appears not to detect my voice. I try again a moment later and it works fine. Very hit and miss at present. Fortunately, so far at least, I have not had the problems others mention with camera failures or increased phantom braking on 2020.40.8

Attachments

• 3E0640D8-01CE-40BF-A595-EB7711AC43FA.jpeg
    3E0640D8-01CE-40BF-A595-EB7711AC43FA.jpeg
    502.5 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: CMc1
Had 2020.40.8 download 2 nights ago. Seems to have fixed our problems with waking up from the app. Software took an hour to install and seemed to fix a lot of issues that had been cumulatively affecting our 13 month old M3 SR+. Almost like it was driving when we first got it. Perhaps just a tidying up release.

I do wonder sometimes what the Tesla software team must think reading these forums. We all speculate that each new version has affected regen/braking/cameras/voice control and I'll wager that more times than not, absolutely nothing in the software has changed. What we want is a fully comprehensive list of every tweak - I can't see that ever happening.:D

• Funny
Reactions: Adopado and CMc1