Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2020.40.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have a number of places here with pre-speed limit warning signs (as in 30 or 40mph limit x00 yards ahead)

Poeple really use anny form of cruise control on below 40mph roads? I alwayss find the lack of regen around corners annoying.

Does your car actually recognise those signs and actually change the limit now?

Also, changing from 40 > 50 > 40 is nowhere near as bad, or required as 70 > 50. 99% of UK NoA will be on motorways where the 50mph limits in large signs are currently not recognised.

So Idont really understand your complaint, unleess you are a constant user of TACC on small country roads and are currently ajusting manually every 10 seconds. I personally would not use TACC though UK towns today seeing as regen braking IMO is more reactive than surfing the brakes.

Poeple really use anny form of cruise control on below 40mph roads? I alwayss find the lack of regen around corners annoying.

Also, changing from 40 > 50 > 40 is nowhere near as bad, or required as 70 > 50. 99% of UK NoA will be on motorways where the 50mph limits in large signs are currently not recognised.

So Idont really understand your complaint, unleess you are a constant user of TACC on small country roads and are currently ajusting manually every 10 seconds. I personally would not use TACC though UK towns today seeing as regen braking IMO is more reactive than surfing the brakes.
I would if it didn't slow for parked cars etc as it makes driving more relaxed. Also I think you will find a lot of people (particularly that are new to the car) will find it very easy to find themselves the wrong side of the limit with the acceleration and absence of engine noise.

Reactions: drewpost
it makes driving more relaxed.

It's the opposite effect for me. I enjoy regulating the speed and doing smooth cornering. TACC would not slow down for a bend so you need to use the brakes. Plus that instant pull away after a sharp bend at jjust the right moment....

I supppose thats a personal thing. Still, I can't see an instance where the road speed changes from 30 > 40 > 60 then down to 30 being a huge issue. Doesen't it do it already with geofencing?

It wasn't a complaint it was an observation. I do play with autosteer on some of the roads around here as much to see how it has changed. It still doesn't look far enough ahead and anticipate the tight bends we have, try to acclerating to NSL and then dump control back when it gets into trouble.

Reactions: Yev000
2020.40.3 ?

3D7D26CB-77CB-44A2-9244-149FD128B262.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: m3gt2 and MrBadger
The parked cars I always pass weren’t there today!

One change that’s sensible is that pin to drive no longer has an allow button. Only the four numbers needed now.
Also if you go into drive, the seatbelt warning sounds about 5 times straight away.

TACC alone still doesn’t change speed when the speed limit changes.

• Informative
Reactions: CMc1 and Yev000
I think the wiper function changed recently too, but prior to this release, did I imagine it? When you press the stalk button now, the UI switches to show the four manual wipe setting buttons. I could swear in older releases it did not do this? Anyone confirm or otherwise?