Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2020.40.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I presume that feeling is not unexpected though given that autopilot and autosteer are definitely not designed for any streets with parked cars (see manual), so it's an accident waiting to happen... :p
I was only on TACC in a 30mph limit set at 25mph. From a driver’s perspective there was no moving traffic or pedestrians to consider. There was no need for the car to slow or brake. Where it did so, it was too late anyway.

I was only on TACC in a 30mph limit set at 25mph. From a driver’s perspective there was no moving traffic or pedestrians to consider. There was no need for the car to slow or brake. Where it did so, it was too late anyway.
Nevertheless, you don't know what it was "seeing"/interpreting so you don't know what it thought it needed to do. And it doesn't know it was on a city street instead of where it's intended to be used (dual carriageways and motorways). So the fact that it braked when it didn't need to and too late is entirely unsurprising.

Nothing too exciting (sorry for the poor quality pic).

Attachments

• IMG_2309.JPG
    IMG_2309.JPG
    934.4 KB · Views: 51