Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2020.40.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think regen as @VanillaAir_UK said is just ambient temperature cooling off. Mine was way down today even after 20 mins driving.

Slow wake up time - I don't know how this works but wonder if the switch to a Dutch SIM provider that happened recently is part of this? I have a feeling the app triggers the mobile network to send a text message or equivalent to the vehicle to wake it, which then allows it to connect to mobile data and then communicate with the app? All of that has plenty of places to cause delays. Anyone know the facts rather than my speculation on how it works?

I think regen as @VanillaAir_UK said is just ambient temperature cooling off. Mine was way down today even after 20 mins driving.

Slow wake up time - I don't know how this works but wonder if the switch to a Dutch SIM provider that happened recently is part of this? I have a feeling the app triggers the mobile network to send a text message or equivalent to the vehicle to wake it, which then allows it to connect to mobile data and then communicate with the app? All of that has plenty of places to cause delays. Anyone know the facts rather than my speculation on how it works?
Door handle open detected > car wakes > checks for Bluetooth device > connects/authentication > unlocks car

Nothing to do with cellular connectivity otherwise you’d never get into the car during a network blackout or in remote locations

Door handle open detected > car wakes > checks for Bluetooth device > connects/authentication > unlocks car

Nothing to do with cellular connectivity otherwise you’d never get into the car during a network blackout or in remote locations

No, wrong scenario. This is about the time it takes for the car to power up and come out of sleep when using the app remotely, not within bluetooth range.

• Helpful
Reactions: Florafauna and CMc1

Do you know if the process of opening the car with the key card still requires the car to "wake up"? Or does it manage to circumvent some of the process?

I am curious if the long delays in opening and the application opening (for me) are related to the car not waking up quickly.

I’ve thought for some while that since about update 2020.32 perhaps earlier, the wake-up was taking longer. When I first got the car in March, it was on 2020.8 and I could open the car hop in and drive off.
For a long while, from opening the car and hopping in has had roughly a ten seconds wait before I can do anything.
Can’t even put in P2D until it’s ready. That used to available straight away irrespective of sleep.
Doesn’t matter whether opened by card or phone.

First bad experience with a software update. It has changed several of my settings in the car, no pin to drive, no glovebox pin, no auto lock on leaving the car, seems to have reset the whole car to it's defaults, I have lost all my trip computers which I have been using to monitor wh/mi consumption, lost all audio including raidio and spotify, also no navigation. Mobile app does not seem able to connect to the car, was working fine without any delays until today. :( A steering wheel button reset has restored the audio.

• Informative
Reactions: Adopado