Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2020.44.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've noticed that you can set cruise control to the current speed by scrolling up

Scrolling up?

New functionality regarding TACC and current speed has been added drip wise during the last 2-3 months:

• First we got a delay of engaging of TACC if we held the foot on the accelerator after activating TACC on the stalk. This bought a few seconds time to manually adjust the set speed down to actual speed.

• Then - or in the same update? - we got an option of touching the actual speed shown on screen to set the TACC to actual speed. But still only after activating TACC.

• Then we got an option in the settings, where we can configure the TACC to always use current speed when we activate it.

• At some point we have also gotten an option of forcing the TACC to use the speed limit instead of actual speed if we hold down the stalk for 1-2 seconds.

Reactions: jimbo_hippo
Updated to 44.25 today. No notification in the app, found it when I put the car on charge in preparation for a trip. Given that the car seems to have much less vampire drain these days that suggests that it isn't waking up so often to check in with the mothership.

At one point on my trip while on AP the set speed and indicated speed limit dropped from 50mph to 30mph with a "speed limited" message for no apparent reason which I could not override with the scroll wheel (but could with the accelerator). Reasonably straight road with a 50mph limit which has not changed for a number of years and very light traffic. Anyone else experienced this?

I thought scrolling up on the wheel only added 1 or 5mph (if you do it faster). How does it set to the current limit if it's a scroll wheel?

I know pressing down on the right stalk (but not as if you're putting into drive) will set TACC to current limit.

Updated to 44.25 today. No notification in the app, found it when I put the car on charge in preparation for a trip. Given that the car seems to have much less vampire drain these days that suggests that it isn't waking up so often to check in with the mothership.

At one point on my trip while on AP the set speed and indicated speed limit dropped from 50mph to 30mph with a "speed limited" message for no apparent reason which I could not override with the scroll wheel (but could with the accelerator). Reasonably straight road with a 50mph limit which has not changed for a number of years and very light traffic. Anyone else experienced this?
It probably picked up a 30mph side street. I’ve been caught with that

Reactions: exlatccatsa
Restricted speed functionality?

upload_2020-12-9_19-29-33.png

OK, but normally when the speed limit changes and the car reacts accordingly, you don't get a "speed limited" message pop up on the screen.
I have seen that. I do get it frequently if I’m on current speed and give the scroll wheel a good few winds to match a higher limit. Effectively I’ve reached the limit and trying to scroll beyond it.
I wouldn’t swear to it, but I think it’s also displayed where say a 60 drops to 40 and the car is slowing but not quick enough!

Scrolling up?

New functionality regarding TACC and current speed has been added drip wise during the last 2-3 months:
  • First we got a delay of engaging of TACC if we held the foot on the accelerator after activating TACC on the stalk. This bought a few seconds time to manually adjust the set speed down to actual speed.

• Then - or in the same update? - we got an option of touching the actual speed shown on screen to set the TACC to actual speed. But still only after activating TACC.

• Then we got an option in the settings, where we can configure the TACC to always use current speed when we activate it.

• At some point we have also gotten an option of forcing the TACC to use the speed limit instead of actual speed if we hold down the stalk for 1-2 seconds.

this is all so insignificant next to the issue of phantom braking which just seems to be getting worse. Had some vicious braking incidences, some completely unexplained. Not pleasant at all.

And now for the first time having issues with phone entry. Too many unnecessary updates imo. Just do a larger update twice a year.

Also I can’t find a way to use a song as a station on Spotify anymore. I have premium connectivity but not a Spotify acc. I used to really like the feature of playing a song and allowing it to play similar songs. Is there a way on the newer updates?

• Disagree
Reactions: pow216
You quoted my post, but I don't see anything in your post, which is a reply to something I wrote.

The point I was making is that you talk of all the small developments in TACC as if they are commendable improvements. However with phantom braking becoming so bad all the updates are essentially useless as my opportunity to use TACC has greatly diminished. I wouldn’t dream of using it with passengers in the car or if there is more than a smattering of traffic. So in my eyes they are wasting their time in these largely unusable minor developments while failing to tackle the one big critical issue

The point I was making is that you talk of all the small developments in TACC as if they are commendable improvements.

No, I did not. You need to read the context.

Someone mentioned a new scroll up TACC feature, which I had not heard of, and I did not understand what he meant by it.

So I asked, and in the same post I listed the new TACC features that I did know of, just to give him the chance of pointing to one of those and say "that was the one I was referring to", in case it was one of those.

(And by the way: My question is still not answered. I have absolutely no idea how you use scroll up to prevent the car from accelerating to the speed limit.)

No, I did not. You need to read the context.

Someone mentioned a new scroll up TACC feature, which I had not heard of, and I did not understand what he meant by it.

So I asked, and in the same post I listed the new TACC features that I did know of, just to give him the chance of pointing to one of those and say "that was the one I was referring to", in case it was one of those.

(And by the way: My question is still not answered. I have absolutely no idea how you use scroll up to prevent the car from accelerating to the speed limit.)

ah ok fair enough. The scrolling function I guess is to do with using the right hand scroll wheel to adjust the speed. You could scroll down to prevent the acceleration

The scrolling function I guess is to do with using the right hand scroll wheel to adjust the speed. You could scroll down to prevent the acceleration

But the post said "scroll up". Not "scroll down".

I don't see how scrolling down could be a new feature anyway, since scrolling is the intended way of doing adjustment to the TACC setpoints.

So I still don't understand what this new "scroll up" feature is. I have even tested it to see if it actually would prevent acceleration, but it didn't.