Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2020.44.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The audio sources has spiked my curiosity.

I'm not sure why you would wish to hide sources even if you don't often use them? I can understand the usefulness of excluding results from search though e.g. caraoke.

The text at the top of the modal says "Select up to 7 sources to enable" yet there are only 7 available. I wonder therefore if this change is in preparation for more sources to be added, where there's a constraint on the amount of space in the music area to display them therefore you would pick the 7 sources that you most use?

The audio sources has spiked my curiosity.

I'm not sure why you would wish to hide sources even if you don't often use them? I can understand the usefulness of excluding results from search though e.g. caraoke.

The text at the top of the modal says "Select up to 7 sources to enable" yet there are only 7 available. I wonder therefore if this change is in preparation for more sources to be added, where there's a constraint on the amount of space in the music area to display them therefore you would pick the 7 sources that you most use?

The ability to exclude sources from search results is useful if this achieves this. Always a PITA getting a spotify search result when I have a decent FLAC on my USB drive and want to listen to that album.

However, its been reported from reputable source that Tidal (I'll add possibly Tidal Connect) is coming to town, so that may change my listening habits. Much better quality than Spotify especially if it supports Tidal Masters and MQA.

Last edited:
Reactions: Empato
The text at the top of the modal says "Select up to 7 sources to enable" yet there are only 7 available. I wonder therefore if this change is in preparation for more sources to be added

IIRC Elon stated that other music streaming options will become available in addition to spotify, so expect apple, deezer, amazon etc.

When available this will option enable you to specify which streaming service you want to use, without clogging up display and search results.

Now, if they could just add audible as an option please!

Reactions: akenham
The ability to exclude sources from search results is useful if this achieves this. Always a PITA getting a spotify search result when I have a decent FLAC on my USB drive and want to listen to that album.

Looks like its better than this. Now that I have found some easier to read release notes, it looks like a search will now focus on results from your current, so less Spotify when listening to other sources.

2020.44 Release Notes said:
Media Search Improvements

The media search results are now rearranged for easier viewing. Results now also display based on the media source you are actively using, highlighting and making it more convenient to find what you are looking for.

Search results when searching for specific items via voice has also been improved to show you more of what you are looking for.

Ironically, the hope of not getting spotify search results was one of the plus reasons for losing premium connectivity. So a god month or so with hopefully a positive on both issues.

Last edited:
Now that current speed setting is operable for TACC & AP, it can’t be that difficult to apply the same setting to a speed limiter​
Percentage as speed offset will be nice. I only suggested it last week:). It looks like we also can separately set the warning chimes speed (just out of shot on picture...you can see the word offset...), This is the one that should be a percentage in my view.

Last edited:
To be fair, I'm not going to be too concerned about the difference between high bitrate mp3 and lossless in a car environment where environmental factors will outweigh pretty small differences.

For me, it's being able to use my personal Tidal account rather than leech off the kids' Spotify. I'm sure they don't want my stuff polluting their favourites and I sure don't want theirs :p

Reactions: Durzel and Gatsojon
Fair enough that bitrate may not seem important when there are other noises around. I listen to music lots when parked up waiting for others. I absolutely notice the difference, but I'm always really fussy about sound quality.

To be fair, I'm not going to be too concerned about the difference between high bitrate mp3 and lossless in a car environment where environmental factors will outweigh pretty small differences.

For me, it's being able to use my personal Tidal account rather than leech off the kids' Spotify. I'm sure they don't want my stuff polluting their favourites and I sure don't want theirs :p
If you don’t login, you get a separate account just for the car