Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2020.44.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screen now dims in camp mode after X minutes (haven’t seen posted, apologies if duplicated)

B36717D3-0B60-4A79-B407-19339E0C6001.jpeg

I had a play yesterday with new cruise control settings - certainly a case of beware of what you wish for.

I clearly had adapted to the old way too well as the new method feels as if the car rapidly slowing back down to set speed when lifting from the accelerator - very noticeable when accelerating onto a fast road/motorway and engaging AP whilst still accelerating. You lift and the car immediately starts slowing back down to the speed you were doing when you engaged AP :eek:

At least its a option as its going to take a bit of getting use to. Unfortunately it appears to be a global option not individual profiles.

I had a severe phantom braking moment today on this update whilst in a slow moving (30mph) line of traffic.

I put cruise on without AP as we were moving slowly due to a slow lorry.

It was a wide country road and was fine until a large tractor + trailer passed at speed the other way. The car immediately braked hard until I reacted to bring it back again. The road is straight at that point.

I can only think that the front radar beam isn't narrow enough or maybe the radar is biased to one side slightly. Trouble is you cannot see it to prove one way or another.

Whatever, I certainly didn't expect what happened and this braking is getting tiresome.

I had a severe phantom braking moment today on this update whilst in a slow moving (30mph) line of traffic.

It was a wide country road and was fine until a large tractor + trailer passed at speed the other way. The car immediately braked hard until I reacted to bring it back again. The road is straight at that point.

I can only think that the front radar beam isn't narrow enough or maybe the radar is biased to one side slightly. Trouble is you cannot see it to prove one way or another.

Whatever, I certainly didn't expect what happened and this braking is getting tiresome.

When this happens I suppose it would be an idea to save the dash cam footage so that there's a specific instance to report to Tesla.

I had one with an agricultural behemoth too. It wasn’t too severe but ‘big’ things are clearly scary!