Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2020.44.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK but:

First case: speed limit of the road was 50mph so the limit should have been 55mph.
Second case: the car limited to 30mph not 45 mph.

I had this on a 60mph road today. I was doing about 48mph in a 60 limit (behind a truck going uphill) the car slowed, and showed 30 mph for about quarter of a mile. I used the accelerator to catch up with the truck and then the car showed 60 as the limit.

I've also noticed since the .44 updates the voice control has gone pants again. It was crap before the .36 update.. good almost excellent on the .36's and now it takes 4 or 5 attempts to react to the scroll button being pressed.

But the post said "scroll up". Not "scroll down".

I don't see how scrolling down could be a new feature anyway, since scrolling is the intended way of doing adjustment to the TACC setpoints.

So I still don't understand what this new "scroll up" feature is. I have even tested it to see if it actually would prevent acceleration, but it didn't.

I've not found a way to invoke it either, and it sounds horribly unintuitive.. scroll up to slow down?

I now have a permanent triangle warning moaning about my Sentry usb stick being 32gb since updating saying "usb is too small"

Same here, first they force me to reformat from ext4 to FAT and now I have to go out and buy a new flash drive (when the last thing I want to do right now is go into a shop)... 1st-W-P I suppose!

Not seen anything in the release notes explaining why it suddenly needs more space for the same functionality?

Not seen anything in the release notes explaining why it suddenly needs more space for the same functionality?

It could be that they were seeing the small drives fail to quickly from wearing them out with too many writes. (Just like the eMMC in the MCU that was too small.) By requiring a larger drive there is more space to spread the writes out to so it doesn't die as quickly.

Same here, first they force me to reformat from ext4 to FAT and now I have to go out and buy a new flash drive (when the last thing I want to do right now is go into a shop)... 1st-W-P I suppose!

If it's any conciliation ext4 is working again, I'm using it today. I avoided the 2020.16.x updates where it was broken... only to eventually have the detailer accidentally apply the upgrade. However by September (2020.32.x) it sparked back into live, and as of writing (2020.48.10) all is still well.

Just make sure your permissions are correct and the owner & group is set to "1984".

Reactions: Cwmwd
Well I really, really thought Tesla were wrong to default to the speed limit for the cruise control set point, and I was really looking forward to being able to use current speed instead.

As it turns out, I actually find it more annoying and will go back to the speed limit approach.

I think the approach of overlooking any existing [inc. state of the art] solutions and trying again is awesome (and this includes the wipers). Sure, sometimes the best solution will be the old solution. But for me they are having enough wins to justify what they are doing and I salute them for being brave enough to do it!