Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2020.48.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: Adopado
There are cars that have come out of Fremont with LG batteries.

2021 Model 3 - Charge data

That's a Norwegian car, and recent Model 3sales in Norway have come from China, not Fremont. Chinese-made cars have either the CATL LFP cells, or they have LG Chem NCMA cells, but the Chinese factory is not (yet) manufacturing RHD cars, so it seems unlikely that any UK models will have come from China. I've seen nothing on any of the delivery tracking to suggest we'd have had deliveries from China. Tesla have been selling Chinese-made Model 3 cars in Europe, mainly in Sweden, Norway and Denmark, I believe.

That's a Norwegian car, and recent Model 3sales in Norway have come from China, not Fremont. Chinese-made cars have either the CATL LFP cells, or they have LG Chem NCMA cells, but the Chinese factory is not (yet) manufacturing RHD cars, so it seems unlikely that any UK models will have come from China. I've seen nothing on any of the delivery tracking to suggest we'd have had deliveries from China. Tesla have been selling Chinese-made Model 3 cars in Europe, mainly in Sweden, Norway and Denmark, I believe.
Still just the LHD SR+ that's from China though, right?

I know they are in some European LHD cars but all the RHD cars come from Fremont as far as I know so will not have the LG battery.
All LHD LR and P are from Fremont too. As far as we know only *some* SR+ with LFP batteries are from China. However it is still pretty much confirmed that LG Chem batteries are in European Fremont built cars. With a much slower charge curve.

Bjorn has already confirmed that the LR he has been testing has a Fremont VIN

2019 model 3 with battery icon on 2020.48.12.1

upload_2020-12-20_9-26-23.png

• Informative
Reactions: MrBadger
All LHD LR and P are from Fremont too. As far as we know only *some* SR+ with LFP batteries are from China. However it is still pretty much confirmed that LG Chem batteries are in European Fremont built cars. With a much slower charge curve.

Bjorn has already confirmed that the LR he has been testing has a Fremont VIN

Agreed, what I’m not sure of is if UK cars have the LG battery. Based on the range difference between the North American cars I believe they do. It’s potentially not all doom and gloom as Tesla are potentially monitoring the performance of the batteries, and charge curve, to make improvements in the future. Time will tell I guess.

I usually get them early too. Still on 48.10.
I suspect that the fact I’ve only done about 20 miles since it was installed has something of a bearing.
I doubt I’ll put more than 10 miles on the clock between now and New year so I’m not expecting a further update yet awhile

Totally agree there may be improvements coming, otherwise some have nerfed performance based on luck of the draw. Still not sure if the SR+ Fremont cars are different batteries at all. My first supercharge was disappointing, but maybe not sully preheated.

I also got 48.12.1 yesterday and noticed the battery icon this morning when preheating.

...blow me down. 48.12.1 announced it’s presence by app notification not ten minutes ago...

Update complete

Battery warming icon shows in app. Mine’s a Feb 2020 car

And it added ten miles to my existing range of 229

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Durzel
...blow me down. 48.12.1 announced it’s presence by app notification not ten minutes ago...

Update complete

Battery warming icon shows in app. Mine’s a Feb 2020 car

And it added ten miles to my existing range of 229
Surprised to hear it added display range to pre-2021 cars. Thought that was 2021 cars only.

I guess the battery heater icon is just bringing parity with Model S etc, rather than there being “unlocked” functionality. The car warmed the battery when preconditioning already.

Surprised to hear it added display range to pre-2021 cars. Thought that was 2021 cars only.

I guess the battery heater icon is just bringing parity with Model S etc, rather than there being “unlocked” functionality. The car warmed the battery when preconditioning already.
I’m now unsure if it did add range. Pre update, I’d had the app open and woken the car. It showed and would have remembered the range which was 299. However, I can’t remember which of the four devices I checked on. I must admit that since the last charge and use, 239 is more realistic. Probably just me :rolleyes: