Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car is on 2021.4.18.2 , had no updates in awhile.
But it does not read any speed limit signs that are on those leaning back A frames, the temporary types on motorways.
In fact I don't think it'll read any speed limit sign unless they are on a single pole.
It's a pain with the cruise control, because you set cruise control when doing 50mph in a 50mph road work section and it'll choose to set it to 70 and zoom off...
Or am I doing something wrong?

Speed sign recognition only works on what Tesla calls 'local roads'. That means no motorways and only a few A roads.
Thanks for that... I could have sworn it used to work on 1 of the older versions of the software, but maybe I imagined that.
So is there a way to set the cruise control speed to the speed you're doing on a motorway.
So if I'm doing 50, I press the lever down and it'll set it to 70, then I zoom off. I have to quickly change the speed down with the dial to 50.
Also if I press the brake, it'll cancel my setup and I then have to go through the process again. It's doesn't remember the last speed I set it.

For completeness, the 2021.12.25.6 release notes for UK Model 3

Sky Force Reloaded
Arcade Game

New Language Support (Finnish and Croatian)
User Interface Improvements

Tesla Powerwall Coordination
Charging Improvements

The Powerwall Coordination looks the most interesting, for those that charge from Solar - possibly some new functionality in API changing from v15 (2021.4.21.2) to v17 that may be able to leverage some of the Powerwall enhancements ?

1627036382155.png 1627036004720.png 1627036229046.png

Last edited:
For completeness, the 2021.12.25.6 release notes for UK Model 3

The Powerwall Coordination looks the most interesting, for those that charge from Solar - possibly some new functionality in API changing from v15 (2021.4.21.2) to v17 that may be able to leverage some of the Powerwall enhancements ?

View attachment 687182 View attachment 687180 View attachment 687181

It's annoying that it only works during a power outage. At this time of year I have a reasonable amount of spare sunshine electrons that go to the grid once my PowerWall is full so it would be nice to top up the car instead.

I’d like to see autopilot capability improvements as much as the next person but I was quite looking forward to Skyforce Reloaded… I have whiled away a few hours on my phone playing it. It’s quite a rewarding shooter that takes me back to my early(ish) computer days.

So I sat on my driveway and played a few levels last night. Unfortunately, the frame rate seemed a bit choppy.

So I tend to agree - leave the gaming to your phone

Is it just a matter of waiting or is there a way to check for it in-car?

When you look at the software screen in the car it automatically checks if you are up to date ... and invariably says that you are. It really boils down to waiting. To get an idea of how the distribution across the fleet is going you can check this page from time to time https://www.teslafi.com/firmware.php if you assume that the Teslafi fleet is representative of all cars. You will see that there are cars on lots of different versions ... and actually quite a small percentage on the latest. On this thread you will keep hearing of people who have just received an update and then end up panicking that you've been left behind when often it turns out you are on the same version as thousands of others. There are some exceptional circumstances where a car genuinely does get left behind and has to have the updated pushed out by Tesla individually but it appears to be quite a rare occurrence.