Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.12.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One thing I have noticed since upgrading to 2021.12.25.6 - apologies if it has already been mentioned - is that you can no longer tap on the album art of something that is playing to toggle the music UI size. I used to do this often to change Spotify playlists, etc. Now you actually have to swipe it up and down to change the size.

Very annoying.. I hope it's a bug rather than an intentional change.

That's a strange one. I've just updated and my regen is still exactly the same. 85KwH when warmed up. Same as it was before. Maybe it's screwed with the low/high regen setting?

Yes, things like regen are affected by so many variables it would be very hard to say that a particular update has changed the overall level. Same applies to wiper performance and spurious braking events. It could just be "a good day".

Reactions: Neilio
So on Friday the app told me there was a software update, couldn't download until I got home after work but then downloaded and installed 2021.12.25.6. First 24 hours all good - car sat on the drive sleeping (according to TeslaMate). Saturday morning did a short drive and then since then it will not go back to sleep - either been charging or online ever since. I've tried the two button restart, power off restart (though given how quickly the screen comes back to showing the car and nav screen I'm not sure it really turned off, and TeslaMate shows the time it was "off" as sleeping).
At a bit of a loss what else to try. I've tried disabling TesalMate in case that was doing something to the car (though I understand it shouldn't be able to do that) - car just sits there burning through the battery. Sentry is off (with the at home exclusion first, now fully off). Anyone else seen this with 2021.12.25.6?

So on Friday the app told me there was a software update, couldn't download until I got home after work but then downloaded and installed 2021.12.25.6. First 24 hours all good - car sat on the drive sleeping (according to TeslaMate). Saturday morning did a short drive and then since then it will not go back to sleep - either been charging or online ever since. I've tried the two button restart, power off restart (though given how quickly the screen comes back to showing the car and nav screen I'm not sure it really turned off, and TeslaMate shows the time it was "off" as sleeping).
At a bit of a loss what else to try. I've tried disabling TesalMate in case that was doing something to the car (though I understand it shouldn't be able to do that) - car just sits there burning through the battery. Sentry is off (with the at home exclusion first, now fully off). Anyone else seen this with 2021.12.25.6?

Don't worry, you'll get 2021.12.25.7 next week to fix that and break everything else 🤪

• Funny
Reactions: Alwayshopeful
Just updating from 2021.4.18.11 to 2021.12.25.7 (model 3 performance with FSD).
Same here!

809EF383-CCBD-43D4-9FBF-78431D3730A1.jpeg

Hi there Model Y long range - Chicago US here.
I went from 2021.4.18.11 to 2021.12.25.7 yesterday.
The former, while not with the newest beta FSD mind of car view, seemed to be running all the latest neural nets. It had very smooth and precise car visualizations and seemed to very accurately position things. I was VERY impressed by it and was excited as to the progress being made.

This 12.xx release has seen a degradation in performance of FSD on city streets beta in almost every way possible. More like 4 steps back.
The position of objects is off, representing bikers as walkers, low frame rate to rendered objects, low front facing object detection. The lane positioning seems ok and maybe a slight center lane justification instead of always hogging the implied bike and car door easement.
Other than that, I’m very hopeful I’ll be placed back in the 15-20% of folks that have been on early access release with a return to more beta 9 like functionality.
Cheers!

Reactions: Alwayshopeful