Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.24

Durzel

Jul 17, 2019
Bath, UK
One thing I have noticed, and it might have just been a blip, is that I took my hands off the wheel yesterday (on 24.4) and within a couple of seconds or so the car told me to apply slight turning force to the wheel, but with red hands on the icon instead of blue (if that makes sense). Prior to that it wouldn't complain for several seconds.

I don't habitually take my hands off the wheel, but I did briefly to open a packet of mints :oops:

I wonder if that's a simple wheel torque check or something that involves the cabin camera, or whether I dreamt it?

Dilly

Feb 24, 2020
Norfolk
One thing I have noticed, and it might have just been a blip, is that I took my hands off the wheel yesterday (on 24.4) and within a couple of seconds or so the car told me to apply slight turning force to the wheel, but with red hands on the icon instead of blue (if that makes sense). Prior to that it wouldn't complain for several seconds.

I don't habitually take my hands off the wheel, but I did briefly to open a packet of mints :oops:

I wonder if that's a simple wheel torque check or something that involves the cabin camera, or whether I dreamt it?
I used both hands to help myself to a polo mint yesterday on 24.5. But, I got away with it… ;)

Adopado

Aug 19, 2019
Scotland
I noticed this since 24.4. I thought I must have unlocked it without realising

I had a strange charge port quirk last night (I only had the actual software update this morning though). I went to plug in and I couldn't physically get the Type2 connector into the socket more than a quarter of an inch. It was like the latch that holds a cable in position when charging was obstructing it. It was dark so I couldn't really see in there. After a couple of open and close cycles it worked normally again and the connector could be fully inserted.

AFAIK it's the passenger wing mirror for the wireless antenna.

Edit - Just realised you might have a LHD.
Yes, you're right but I'm pretty sure the wifi antenna is in the right side mirror for both left and right hand drive cars. Given how weak it is, that could prove important 👍
This is quite an interesting short read if you haven't seen it: WiFi Guide and Troubleshooting

Nick77

Deep Blue Model 3 LR (2021 MIC)
Mar 15, 2020
Burton-on-Trent
Yes, you're right but I'm pretty sure the wifi antenna is in the right side mirror for both left and right hand drive cars. Given how weak it is, that could prove important 👍
This is quite an interesting short read if you haven't seen it: WiFi Guide and Troubleshooting
I've read on here numerous posts that say on RHD cars it's in the passenger mirror assembly.

I've bitten the bullet now and ordered proper Powerline WiFi extenders, so I get my full speed to the plug socket about 25ft from the car, instead of relying on getting it there via WiFi to that socket.

I actually managed to pick up my home WiFi earlier (1 tiny bar!) for the first time in ages, and was getting just under 4Mbps in the car on the Speedtest website. But then I inched it backwards about 2 feet to theoretically get a bit closer and I'd forgotten to tick the "remain connected in drive" option and it disconnected! The car wouldn't find the network again then!

Reactions: Durzel

Llama.

Lurking somewhere up North.
Jan 25, 2021
Who knows?
Does the app alert you of a new update being available even if the car is sleeping?
Yes it does. I picked up my phone this AM and had a message saying update 2021.24.5 was ready for installation.

I’m in West Yorkshire too. I’ve seen the other recent posts above from Yorkshire owners. Surely there is no pattern there.

Reactions: Nick77

Nick77

Deep Blue Model 3 LR (2021 MIC)
Mar 15, 2020
Burton-on-Trent
Yes it does. I picked up my phone this AM and had a message saying update 2021.24.5 was ready for installation.

I’m in West Yorkshire too. I’ve seen the other recent posts above from Yorkshire owners. Surely there is no pattern there.
From my experience yesterday it only alerts you if there's an update downloaded and ready to go, not if there's one available to download. Which means being connected to WiFi constantly.

Otherwise you have to check manually.

I found that the trunk/frunk opening behaviour from the screen has changed. Before this latest update, I could open either by pressing on the relevant part of the car graphic, as well as the "Open" legend. Now, it seems that just the "Open" option works. Some behavioural reconfiguration needed. And, yes - I thought it was a glitch and rebooted the car to no avail.

Little unannounced changes like this make the ownership experience quite exciting.

OddJob83

Feb 26, 2021
London
Strange since upgrading to the v4 Telsa app the notifications have stopped as mentioned in the other thread but I did get a notification of new software 24.5 ready to download. But since I have updated to this version is it me or the display seems to have been enlarged a bit more icons and text seem to have gone up a notch

Durzel

Jul 17, 2019
Bath, UK
I found that the trunk/frunk opening behaviour from the screen has changed. Before this latest update, I could open either by pressing on the relevant part of the car graphic, as well as the "Open" legend. Now, it seems that just the "Open" option works. Some behavioural reconfiguration needed. And, yes - I thought it was a glitch and rebooted the car to no avail.

Little unannounced changes like this make the ownership experience quite exciting.
Are you saying you can no longer close the boot from the car screen?

Just discovered that under 24.5, on NoA and therefore presumably under autopilot and TACC, the recognised speed limit can be exceeded with the scroll wheel

Nice if true. There's a road on my commute that is off to the side and has a 20mph limit, and the car catches it and thinks that is the limit on the road I'm on (which is 40mph). Pretty annoying really.

Dilly

Feb 24, 2020
Norfolk
Are you saying you can no longer close the boot from the car screen?

Nice if true. There's a road on my commute that is off to the side and has a 20mph limit, and the car catches it and thinks that is the limit on the road I'm on (which is 40mph). Pretty annoying really.
I was on the 70mph dual carriageway on NoA and speed set at 55 when engaged. Wound the scroll wheel to go up to 70 and was suddenly at 85!

Dilly

Feb 24, 2020
Norfolk

Yes you’re absolutely right. both frunk and trunk did open when touching the car graphic in the right spot. they only open by touching the words now

Last edited:
Reactions: Gatsojon

Dilly

Feb 24, 2020
Norfolk
It's always done that on some roads.. doesn't seem consistent which roads (nearly all around here for example, except 1, which is a 30mph road you wouldn't use TACC/AP on anyway).
It always did on TACC but AP was limited to the recognised limit. Always gave a message that autosteer was limited to xxmph.
I use it on my road (and shouldn’t) but it’s my local test track

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC