Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.24

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Disappointed that car wash mode isn't a one button option to put the wipers in service mode and turns off lock on walk away rather than having to go through two separate menus everytime I wash the car.

And also it would be handy to be able to put the windows all the way up while the door is open so you don't have to sit in the car with the doors closed to clean them fully.

Reactions: Gatsojon
Disappointed that car wash mode isn't a one button option to put the wipers in service mode and turns off lock on walk away rather than having to go through two separate menus everytime I wash the car.

Disappointed that car wash mode doesn't actually wash the car automatically, bit like those self cleaning ovens.

'Car Wash Mode' will be useful for people who do hand car washes too. I often forget to disable the front wind screen wiper and see all my detergent get washed away as soon as I spray it on the car!

I've also heard from other people that the charging port often opens up, so disabling that in Car Wash Mode should also be useful. I don't usually wash my current car by hand (I have others do it), but I will be washing my new Model 3 by myself.

Disney+ is great, though I find I almost never watch Netflix on the car, I just don't have enough time to do it when I'm at public chargers, it charges so fast.

I think I'll get the most out of the hotspot Wi-Fi when my premium connectivity runs out on the new car (currently get premium connectivity for free as my current car is a lease).

Part of me thinks “who is putting their Tesla through automated car washes??” then I remember I’m that weirdo that hasn’t worn jeans in my car since getting it (last March) for fear of permanent dye transfer onto the white seats.
You can tell at Tesla SuCs, Service centres and Tesla meetings who owns the car has the White interior.

They wear either cream Corduroys or Chinos! :p

The black interior brigade live on the egde with their Levi's 501s :cool:

wifi is huge. not just for in car streaming but also because the built in sim is stupidly not UK based so a mobile hotspot that stays connected just makes more sense right now. I might need to test how much data is uses if I use my phone hotspot..

Reactions: pow216
As long as the free roll mode doesn't automatically enable and requires manually setting, car wash mode looks like it may be of use when hand washing. Whilst I always did wipers in service mode, I had never thought about putting climate on recirculate. Walk away door lock may also be useful as I once got locked out of car at end of washing even I had phone on me and had to go and get key card. Will be good to see how fold door mirrors work - I find it a minor pita that when I come to wash the car they remain folded.

Is it true live traffic does not work over hotspot?

Yes, along with satellite views according to Tesla website Connectivity

1627726495851.png

wifi is huge. not just for in car streaming but also because the built in sim is stupidly not UK based so a mobile hotspot that stays connected just makes more sense right now. I might need to test how much data is uses if I use my phone hotspot..

If you're not on unlimited data don't let it do a navigation download via your hotspot!