Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.24

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you saying you can no longer close the boot from the car screen?

Nice if true. There's a road on my commute that is off to the side and has a 20mph limit, and the car catches it and thinks that is the limit on the road I'm on (which is 40mph). Pretty annoying really.
No, i can still close the trunk/frunk from the screen, but only by touching the "Open" legend for either. Touching the car graphic no longer does anything. They must've made a conscious decision to remove that functionality.

• Informative
Reactions: Neilio
It always did on TACC but AP was limited to the recognised limit. Always gave a message that autosteer was limited to xxmph.
I use it on my road (and shouldn’t) but it’s my local test track
I've been able to override the speed limit on AP since I got the car in June.

Quick flick up twice on the scroll wheel for 5mph increments and I can set it to 80 on motorways/carriageways no problem.

I've been able to override the speed limit on AP since I got the car in June.

Quick flick up twice on the scroll wheel for 5mph increments and I can set it to 80 on motorways/carriageways no problem.
Must be a difference between my 2020 and yours. It’s only from an earlier update that TACC could be overridden and certainly last week the car spotted an errant 20mph pointing the wrong way and AP slowed and It wouldn’t scroll beyond 20. Had to come out of AP until the next 50mph Unless it was an FSD thing.

Must be a difference between my 2020 and yours. It’s only from an earlier update that TACC could be overridden and certainly last week the car spotted an errant 20mph pointing the wrong way and AP slowed and It wouldn’t scroll beyond 20. Had to come out of AP until the next 50mph Unless it was an FSD thing.

I'm thinking it's to do with FSD.

The same here, TACC speed can't be overridden on mine (currently on 2021.24.5) & I don't have FSD.

One thing I have noticed, and it might have just been a blip, is that I took my hands off the wheel yesterday (on 24.4) and within a couple of seconds or so the car told me to apply slight turning force to the wheel, but with red hands on the icon instead of blue (if that makes sense). Prior to that it wouldn't complain for several seconds.

I don't habitually take my hands off the wheel, but I did briefly to open a packet of mints :oops:

I wonder if that's a simple wheel torque check or something that involves the cabin camera, or whether I dreamt it?
I had that back in May. I think I sussed that it was when the cameras were sensing cones on the road that I got the red warning and blue the rest of the time.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
I haven't been able to override the limit using the scroll wheel either, getting the "Autosteer is limited to X". Previously I would have just had to accelerate manually, which the car seems ok with but is irritating. Haven't been out in the car yet to see if 24.4/.5 fixes that, as you say.

I haven't been able to override the limit using the scroll wheel either, getting the "Autosteer is limited to X". Previously I would have just had to accelerate manually, which the car seems ok with but is irritating. Haven't been out in the car yet to see if 24.4/.5 fixes that, as you say.
I think there is some mapping involved. On the 30mph road into town I couldn’t overspeed but on my own 60mph road, I could. Both on AP but not NoA

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
Downloaded 24.5 a few days ago and now have new bugs:
When reversing the camera is often jurky.
Returning to my parked car sentry mode reported 2 events, clicked on ”View events” and got a blank white screen,
then got nothing trying to load viewer!
Anyone else had this?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯