Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.32.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am Jack’s underwhelming apathy.

“Immersive Sound” auto mode. That’s it?!

All we got was another 17 miles worth of charge. By the looks of it, we got the better deal sticking on 2021.24.x although rather too much charge in the tank for my liking - thankfully it got used pdq.

1631652854856.png

Reactions: CMc1 and Durzel
Is it not the case that people who pick up cars won't get updates for a while?

Looking at my TeslaMate stats, which I had set up pretty much from the day I got my car last year, it took a clear month before I got my first update.

Is it not the case that people who pick up cars won't get updates for a while?

Looking at my TeslaMate stats, which I had set up pretty much from the day I got my car last year, it took a clear month before I got my first update.
Mine came with 2020.4.x updated to 8.x the following day then nothing for 2 months. I’ve had 38 updates in 18 months

The service centre told me that cars stay on their factory software for some time for two reasons.

Firstly, they maintain a branch dedicated to cars coming from the factory so if there are short notice changes or part substitutions they only have to make one branch which will eventually be merged with whatever the latest version is down the road.

The other reason is that it makes troubleshooting new car issues easier if they can go to an identical car running identical software instead of trying to figure out if the problem was introduced in a recent update.

The service centre told me that cars stay on their factory software for some time for two reasons.

Firstly, they maintain a branch dedicated to cars coming from the factory so if there are short notice changes or part substitutions they only have to make one branch which will eventually be merged with whatever the latest version is down the road.

The other reason is that it makes troubleshooting new car issues easier if they can go to an identical car running identical software instead of trying to figure out if the problem was introduced in a recent update.

Sorry to burst the bubble, but that's BS from the service centre.

I got my first software update the day I collected my car at 9pm and then the next one arrived during the following night so I woke up to a "ready to install" message and had the second update before I'd had the car 48 hours.

In total I had five updates in the first month, the service centre probably have no more insight than we do about when cars get updates.

Anyone noticed any glaring issues? @Dilly, how was your drive? I'm thinking on moving back to advanced, our car likes Thursday updates, and I would have a couple of opportunities to test tomorrow.
@VanillaAir_UK Got my days wrong! Off to Oldham tomorrow so will know better then. Did a brief run into town today. Did seem smoother but not really the best place to try it. Braking for traffic and moving off seems to have improved
immersive sound didn’t go down well with Mrs D. Her ears exploded. :D