Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.32.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Of all the experiences I've had in my Model 3, I have to say the auto-parking at Bordeaux airport the other day was the best. I've used parallel parking a few times but recently, 'box' parking has arrived. I arrived at P4 (long term) and was driving along the endless line of cars when I spotted a space. I stopped and in that instant thought...'I wonder?' Suddenly, there was a blue outline of the parking spot and a 'start' icon on the screen , so I pressed it. What followed was perfection. The car just took over and within 20 seconds had parked me right in the middle of the space. I looked up to see a couple watching me with jaws dropped. I climbed out, grabbed my bags and headed for the bus with a cheery 'Bonjour'. Now, if only the rest of the package could work that well...

Of all the experiences I've had in my Model 3, I have to say the auto-parking at Bordeaux airport the other day was the best. I've used parallel parking a few times but recently, 'box' parking has arrived. I arrived at P4 (long term) and was driving along the endless line of cars when I spotted a space. I stopped and in that instant thought...'I wonder?' Suddenly, there was a blue outline of the parking spot and a 'start' icon on the screen , so I pressed it.

Did you get the 'Autopark - autopilot improvements' in the release notes? Sounds like you got the vision based autopark enhancements, or at least, part of it.

Exciting (for EAP/FSD users) if thats the situation.

Last edited:
I autoparked at work recently and it also did it flawlessly. I was a bit disappointed that no one else got to see it. It would also be pretty amazing if you could get our and just let it do it while you walk away, but that’s probably some time off.

Anticlimax after only getting 32.10 last Thursday.

90C23EFC-0DA6-4876-8926-EE374BF1DEC0.jpeg

Did you get the 'Autopark - autopilot improvements' in the release notes?
No, I didn't which was why I was surprised. It's hard to explain but after 18 months of experiencing 'nearly but not quite', a 'good attempt but not smooth' and all the other irritants that come with FSD, this was like being transported into the future. I pressed the button and it was fluid, polished and fast - perfection.
Most impressed.

It would also be pretty amazing if you could get our and just let it do it while you walk away, but that’s probably some time off.

OK, its basic, but a start. Do you mean this?

OK, its basic, but a start. Do you mean this?

Basically yeah, but that is US only, and I think it will just drive forward into a garage or something, rather than doing an actual parallel park.

My first longish trip on 2021.32.10 and as previously reported there has defo been some changes to the way autopilot (non FSD/EAP) handles lane changes on motorways. Previous version I would indicate to change lanes and the car would hand back control to me to change lane (bing bong) this mornings trip I indicate (no bing bong) and then had to wrestle with the steering wheel before it hands control back to me. God knows what drivers behind me was thinking, and luckily my missus wasn't in the car or should would have had a meltdown.

would love to know why they changed a perfectly good system (for the worse IMHO) or at the very least notify us in the software version update of the change of behaviour.

Last edited:
Reactions: Durzel and browellm
My first longish trip on 2021.32.10 and as previously reported there has defo been some changes to the way autopilot (non FSD/EAP) handles lane changes on motorways. Previous version I would indicate to change lanes and the car would hand back control to me to change lane (bing bong) this mornings trip I indicate (no bing bong) and then had to wrestle with the steering wheel before it hands control back to me. God knows what drivers behind me was thinking, and luckily my missus wasn't in the car or should would have had a meltdown.

would love to know why they changed a perfectly good system (for the worse IMHO) or at the very least notify us in the software version update of the change of behaviour.
Before it would reduce the torque required to disable AP while you were indicating to change lanes, the indicators alone have never disabled Autopilot. It sounds like it's not doing this anymore.