Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.32.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not what I've seen, and would contradict the manual's guidance on when Autosteer cancels.

View attachment 712471
When in AP and you then decide to indicate to change lanes or exit a junction, AP is still active while indicating. But once you turn the steering wheel ever so slightly to change lanes (There is no resistance on the steering wheel when indicating) it does drop to TACC. Once you have changed lanes you can re-engage AP.

Reactions: GRiLLA
When in AP and you then decide to indicate to change lanes or exit a junction, AP is still active while indicating. But once you turn the steering wheel ever so slightly to change lanes (There is no resistance on the steering wheel when indicating) it does drop to TACC. Once you have changed lanes you can re-engage AP.
That's not my experience.

On the carriageway in as soon as I indicate the Bing-Bong chimes in and deactivates AP before I've even touched the wheel to change lanes.

I'll take more notice next time I do it but that's my memory of it.

• Informative
Reactions: Bantam

On the carriageway in as soon as I indicate the Bing-Bong chimes in and deactivates AP before I've even touched the wheel to change lanes.

Thanks @Nick77 I thought I was going mad, it was defo the same for me, I only had 2021.24.5 for 5 days so didn't get chance to test so it may have happened during that software update and not this update (2021.32.10)

This is what I get -most- of the time. About 5% I get the indicators, but no autosteer disengagement and I have to wrest control. Only happens going left tho - feels almost like a partial recognition of the stalk movement?

Will pay more attention in future, as I can't totally discount the other suggestions.

Thanks @Nick77 I thought I was going mad, it was defo the same for me, I only had 2021.24.5 for 5 days so didn't get chance to test so it may have happened during that software update and not this update (2021.32.10)
I stand by my post :p

AP does not turn off when you indicate. It does once you touch the steering wheel :)

The wheel has no resistance when you indicate and the slightest touch turns it off.

If you do not touch or apply any pressure to the steering wheel it will continue in the same lane on AP

I stand by my post :p

AP does not turn off when you indicate. It does once you touch the steering wheel :)

The wheel has no resistance when you indicate and the slightest touch turns it off.

If you do not touch or apply any pressure to the steering wheel it will continue in the same lane on AP
Tested this morning on 2021.24.5 and behaviour is exactly as described by @davidmc here.

That's on a 2019 Model 3 with no FSD.

Reactions: davidmc