Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.32.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You have to be careful with auto since the cars have a UA chipset so do not support the eu only channels 12 and 13 so if the router switches to one of those the car loses signal. I just bought a new Asus router and it has the option to set to auto but exclude channels 12 and 13 which is handy.
Very helpful information. But how is the average owner supposed to know that? I'll keep an eye on our channel allocation.

You have to be careful with auto since the cars have a UA chipset so do not support the eu only channels 12 and 13 so if the router switches to one of those the car loses signal. I just bought a new Asus router and it has the option to set to auto but exclude channels 12 and 13 which is handy.

My ASUS router has been able to disable the advanced frequencies for ~10+ years

Hmm, after 2 years of only having two mid manoeuvre aborted lane changes, I've just had two on back to back trips (charge stop between them), one accompanied by the red hands of doom, albeit with auto steer still staying active.

I stand by my earlier comment (maybe a different thread) that its to do with having the car only confirm my hands on the wheel late into the cycle. Interestingly, I found that whilst ordinary time/distance nags could be satisfied with a mere slight adjustment of arm position, when it came to lane change, after a while (and following probably a few dozen successful lane changes) it was near on impossible to satisfy the hands on wheel - several changes simply timed out as you would have expected, but these two got as far as starting the manoeuvre before aborting and swerving back. One was more mid lane change than the other. Thankfully no other obvious cars around - an interesting observation in itself as there would have been nothing obviously physical causing the abort.

An anecdotal observation. In the past I have had occasions where mid drive the car would simply ignore the indicator lane change request, or indicate a couple of times, then stop. I never had this today and wonder if what ever was causing this behaviour now is handled in a different way - possibly showing the nag screen.

Also bear in mind that geolocation exclusions only work when the car enters and exits them, not if they're already there. Therefore, if you have Sentry set to exclude home or whatever and it's already there then it won't switch off until it "sees" the car enter the zone.
I noticed this when I used Car Wash mode the other day, after turning it off, Sentry Mode was on all night at home until I used the car.

2021.32.21 seems to have upset solar charging from my Zappi. Not the first time this has happened with an update. Charging starts ok then when the sun goes behind a cloud and reappears the Zappi reports ‘charge complete’ even though it isn’t. Has anyone else seen this with .21? It was working fine prior to the update.

2021.32.21 seems to have upset solar charging from my Zappi. Not the first time this has happened with an update. Charging starts ok then when the sun goes behind a cloud and reappears the Zappi reports ‘charge complete’ even though it isn’t. Has anyone else seen this with .21? It was working fine prior to the update.
@AndrewGR
Just charging on eco+ now. Charge has suspended three times in the last hour as the clouds passed. Zappi went into ’waiting for surplus’ each time and then resumed when there was sufficient surplus.
I’m on 32.21 but I have a 4 year old Zappi V1 on the latest firmware

@AndrewGR
Just charging on eco+ now. Charge has suspended three times in the last hour as the clouds passed. Zappi went into ’waiting for surplus’ each time and then resumed when there was sufficient surplus.
I’m on 32.21 but I have a 4 year old Zappi V1 on the latest firmware
I have a Zappi v2. Updated firmware a month or two ago. It’s the car software that has changed.

I have a Zappi v2. Updated firmware a month or two ago. It’s the car software that has changed.
It’s just interrupted again. it must be almost complete at 240 miles where it’s set. But now just waiting for surplus.
There have been quite a few people with problems on various softwares but I’m inclined to think it’s an interaction between Tesla’s and Zappi V2’s
I’ve not had any of the reported eco+ problems since I got the Tesla, 18 months ago.
it could just be differences in build or components.

whilst typing, it got another short influx of sunshine and completed charge at the set limit!

Following the recent app update, I thought we might get sight of 2021.36 as early as this week.
That doesn’t seem be happening.
What is quite interesting is that according to the Teslafi firmware checker, the overwhelming majority of cars, other than those in the US FSD beta rollout, 2021.32.22, have or are being offered update to 2021.32.21. That leaves just a couple of hundred elsewhere. Of course that doesn’t include software versions for cars without Teslafi of which I’m one.
That’s the first time that I can recall such a majority of cars being on the same software.
My gut feeling is that we’re being lined up for a common future

I stand by my post :p

AP does not turn off when you indicate. It does once you touch the steering wheel :)

The wheel has no resistance when you indicate and the slightest touch turns it off.

If you do not touch or apply any pressure to the steering wheel it will continue in the same lane on AP
Just bumping this to say you were right. After trying it while concentrating on it more closely, it does exactly this. I was obviously turning the wheel slightly when I indicated.

Reactions: davidmc
Driving on a country lane yesterday. I got persistent alarms and :corrective steering applied’ messages. This was followed by a ‘lane keeping disabled - may be available on your next drive’ message. I drive this lane regularly and had never had this prior to the update. It has no road markings in the section where I was getting the alarms and, as usual with corrective steering messages there was little or no evidence that the car was actually doing any corrective steering. Has anyone else experienced this?

Was the lane very bumpy? I know it doesn’t explain the change in behaviour but I recently had the corrective steering applied (I think only the second time in 2 years) for a section of road that I drive a couple of times a week. I think I was still on 2021.24.x at that point.

No obvious reason for the correction, road actually quite wide at that point (starting to flare for a junction) and I was well within my lane, although a sweeping left bend. On subsequent drives across that section there is nothing obvious except in the vacinity there is a humped join across the road surface that gives a bit of a jolt when driving over. I wonder if mine was caused by that especially if there was a slight change in steering pressure caused by it part way through the bend.

Do people really still do that?

In my experience it tends to be manoeuvre, signal (once manoeuvre is completed), mirror (when you honk and shout some abuse because they ran you off the road).

Sadly some don't, but please don't get me going on that - I sound old enough as it is.

Same with those who do not look ahead and become bemused as to why there is no longer space for two cars to pass.

I've noticed impressive improvement with the headlights on two long journeys since upgrading to 2021.32.21

1. Yesterday 10.00-11.30pm with auto high beam and although slightly laggy compared to other cars I've owned it dipped every time a car appeared and never for signs, chevron boards or anything else. No approaching cars flashed or appeared to be dazzled.

2. Today in bright sun the lights (main beam/sides) switched off very soon after setting off and remained so until driving through shadows from groups of overhanging trees where it then switched off immediately afterwards. On one stretch this happened numerous times, perhaps unnecessarily but impressive nonetheless that both on-off occurred instantaneously.

Autopilot used extensively on the M6-A14 yesterday & the A14, A12 and parts of the M25 today has behaved very well with no phantom braking apart from gently as I passed over the toll road joining the M6 to the east of Birmingham. I even, rather recklessly drove longish sections without my right foot hovering over the accelerator - never done that before.

(....sadly, wipers still struggle with light mist and require occasional presses to the LH stalk, actual rain is handled reasonably well but inferior overall to anything else I've driven)

Last edited:
Reactions: Magstauk