Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.36.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just spotted a YouTube video which reveals that our Australian chums now have auto park in lined spaces in their Model 3’s under 2021.36
I can’t understand what prevents it in the U.K. it surely can’t be regs.
Spite?

Maybe Elon just doesn't like us very much. Apparently per Berlin there's no more news about FSD being less crippled over here either.

Just spotted a YouTube video which reveals that our Australian chums now have auto park in lined spaces in their Model 3’s under 2021.36
I can’t understand what prevents it in the U.K. it surely can’t be regs.

Or maybe it is more difficult here. I didn't think our roads and car parks had lines anymore, so many are very faded.

Anyone else got 2021.36 yet? I keep checking for it as I don’t normally have to wait long for updates, but no sign.
Sadly, the brakes seem to be on for this update. According to Teslafi about 1000 vehicles have it now, mine included, but the flow from the servers has dwindled. I imagine it will get a big push again this week but who knows!
haven’t had a chance to test the wipers but charging settings from the app work fine.
otherwise, no obvious differences

It’s behaving like there is a problem with it and a minor release will soon supersede it - very typical of early releases. It stopped rolling to any European countries a day before it stopped rolling more globally. My money on there being an update once the wider fsd beta release (still 2021.32.x) has settled in a few days.

It’s behaving like there is a problem with it and a minor release will soon supersede it - very typical of early releases. It stopped rolling to any European countries a day before it stopped rolling more globally. My money on there being an update once the wider fsd beta release (still 2021.32.x) has settled in a few days.
Yes, 2021.32.25 (FSD beta 10.2) is just out. Perhaps there’s a connection somewhere. It was delayed a couple of days due to a problem apparently.
I haven’t found anything obvious with .36 but of course it may be other models/regions.

It’s all under the hood. Possibly start of the promised merge of the highways and city streets stacks.

A bit like the city streets vision NN (changes to camera fusion) being rolled in to regular autopilot as part of the 2021.4.15.x branches that went general release in 2021.4.18.x. So everyone benefiting from city streets beta development even without having city streets.

I don't see why they didn't finish the stitching together of city streets onto highways, I guess being nearly a year later with the thanksgiving holiday release was getting too much pressure.
What they should do is finish the vision implementation, which should then be simple to roll out globally as that's simply input into the decision trees which are already in place. Obviously, features remain restricted by regulation / purchased options.

@VanillaAir_UK - I think we only had the vision stack for a very short while under 4.18 before we got pushed back to the old schema.

@VanillaAir_UK - I think we only had the vision stack for a very short while under 4.18 before we got pushed back to the old schema.

This wasn’t the vision stack - we haven’t had that on highways (ie the UK autopilot) yet according to musk - not even for the FSD beta builds hence the different visualisation for city streets and highways.

This was the updated NN that changed how the sensor inputs were fused. That changed in the limited release 4.15.x branches (but not in 4.15) and became general build in 4.18. I had not heard that it had been rolled back and camera views and car still behave in the 4.15.x way (most easily seen when an object passes between front and side cameras and also how car behaves to objects to the side - you could notice the change in behaviour with each iteration of 4.15.x where each iteration felt like they were tuning forward collision warning) but happy to hear otherwise. I would be surprised if it had as its pretty fundamental to the needs of city streets so why rollback on highways but not city streets. There was a NN change that did similar in 2020.8 iirc but that was well before city streets beta.

Reactions: goRt
One thing I’ve just noticed, the markings on the power meter on my Model S are back.

Attachments

• FB6C6943-ACBD-49F6-B81F-4B17EEC513A3.jpeg
    FB6C6943-ACBD-49F6-B81F-4B17EEC513A3.jpeg
    416.2 KB · Views: 65
I'm going to put this here because I'm not 100% sure but it "seems" to be since this update.

My summon doesn't work anymore. It connects, releases the handbrake....then waits a few seconds and cancels itself. No messages that I can see as to why. Tried it in various open spaces and still nothing.

I'm going to put this here because I'm not 100% sure but it "seems" to be since this update.

My summon doesn't work anymore. It connects, releases the handbrake....then waits a few seconds and cancels itself. No messages that I can see as to why. Tried it in various open spaces and still nothing.
Mine’s fine, operates as before which for me is 99% successful

Isn't that the normal summon behaviour? :D